8 Activities to do Before the End of 1st Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Fall break has come to an end, and just like all good things, first semester will be ending sooner than we expect and want. Before the DePauw family returns to our many corners of the world, here are some things that are a must for every Tiger! 

1. Halloween

“Halloween is the one day a year where you can be whoever you want.” One day? How about as many as we want! Take advantage of this unique time in your life to break the rules and dress up for multiple days in different costumes. 

2. Nature Park 

Take advantage of the snowless ground and visit the nature park before we are all forced to hibernate inside (with a mug of hot coco) for the winter. Enjoy the outdoors while you can!

3. Monon Game 

Attend the Monon tailgate followed by the DePauw vs. Wabash game November 14th and watch as we take back the Bell! Plus, the game is home this year, so why not go?

4. Dance Marathon 

Attend DePauw’s 3rd Dance Marathon on November 21st from noon to 6 to support Riley’s Children Foundation. Dance, meet some of the kids from Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, and play games for a great time and a great cause! 

5. Fitness Classes

Whether it’s yoga, kickboxing, or cycling, take advantage of the several free fitness classes. Get a group of friends together and try something new! 

6. Covered Bridge Tour

Take a drive around Putnam County to see the nine covered bridges and the beautiful fall colors! Cataract Falls is always a great start!

7. Brunch at 2 West Bistro

Switch up your usual Sunday brunch and go to 2 West! If you like eggs, you’ll love their omelet station!

8. Boulder Run

Need we say more? 

Just an average college student trying to avoid the freshman 15. Instagram: emmakmclane
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.