7 Ways to Make the Most of This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

1. Get a drink from a campus café

My go-to is the hot chocolate, while my friends prefer chai lattes, but either way, the variety of drinks available at Café Roy and Café Allegro are perfect for the upcoming chilly fall mornings. 

2. Fill a to-go box with dessert

Yes, it’s going to look weird, but the joy of opening a box to see fourteen cookies that you get to share with your friends is definitely worth it. 

3. Join a club

From DePauwltimate Frisbee to Active Minds, there is something for everyone on campus! If you missed the activities fair, ask some of your friends or classmates to bring you along to a meeting. 

4. Go see a movie

Ashley Square Cinema is free for students, so there’s no reason not to go at least once. It’s a great way to unwind with friends and discover great new movies. If you think ahead, you can combine this with the dining hall to-go box hack. 

5. See a sunset from Roy

The best break from studying is taking pictures of the phenomenal sunset visible from the back windows of Roy O. West Library in the evening. 

6. Find a good study spot

Some people prefer the comfy chairs in Julian, while others enjoy the silence on the third floor of Roy. Move around until you can find a place where you’re able to be productive. 

7. Go to Scoops

A relatively new addition to Greencastle (it opened in the beginning of August), Scoops is the perfect place to chill out at the end of the day. Walk over with a friend or two to taste amazing flavors like graham central station or stick to the classics with cookies and cream.

Hi, I'm Ashley! I'm currently a senior at DePauw, where I'm majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in Psychology and Computer Science. I'm from Dayton, Ohio, and I love swimming, Marvel movies, and exploring the outdoors!