5 Times Arie Forgot How to Talk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Alright, we were all a little skeptical when Arie Luyendyk Jr. was announced to be the next Bachelor. Because wasn’t he relevant like…5 years ago?? But, over time we have learned to love the gray-haired, race car driving cutie. Still… (and I’m not trying to hate on the man) he sometimes seems a little lost for words. Here are 5 times Arie made me LOL.

1. “Excitement excites me.” Truly iconic. This happened night one when Bekah M. asked him three things that excite him about life… in which his first answer was “excitement.” Smooth. This is now his Instagram bio, so at least he is owning up to it. (Side note: Bekah M., while maybe the youngest, is potentially the most woke person to go on Bachelor…QUEEN) 

2. Wrong word: Last week, Arie posted an Instagram story captioned, “Will I wonder around Pairs?” You mean “wander”??? Bro. Unfortunately, I do not have evidence of this because, you know…Insta stories…but it happened, OK. Anyway, enjoy this photo of young Arie.

3. “It was so busy out today too. It’s like really busy. Almost like insane.” Yes, Arie said this in reference to Paris on his one-on-one date with Lauren. Enlightening observation.

4. “I love that. And that! And that and that and that.” Arie says this to describe his reactions to just about anything. It really loses its meaning when you say it ALL THE TIME. Bachelor drinking game where you take a shot every time Arie says “I love that”? Dead.

5. *Walks into Kendall’s collection of taxidermy… “Oh my God, they look so real!” Well… yeah??????

Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!