5 Things to Look Forward to During Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner and I don’t know about you, but I am stoked. There is so much more to look forward to on Thanksgiving Break than just the delicious food. I have five specifically that I can name off the top of my head.

1. Family Time

Not only is Thanksgiving notorious for eating a lot of food, but it is also the time of year to get together with family. For me, I get to see family I only see about 4 times a year and I couldn’t be more excited. I am also reunited with siblings who go to different schools. Whether you have a big family get-together or just your immediate family, it is still something to get excited about.

2. Black Friday

Did someone say sales?! Yes!! Black Friday is almost here, which can get you major savings on all your Christmas gifts. Black Friday is one of my favorite holidays; it’s a great time to check out the amazing deals.

3. Unlimited Amounts of Pumpkin-Flavored Desserts

Now that Halloween has passed, people are getting rid of their pumpkins. Every Thanksgiving I look forward to the pumpkin pie! What, you have never tried it? Oh, it is so delicious—so hurry up! Spray on some whipped cream and you’re ready to go!

4. Time to Binge

Forget all your homework and allow yourself to relax, you deserve it! Sit down and watch some of your favorite shows. It’s time to re-watch or catch up on your favorites!

5. Getting Ready for Christmas!

Did you hear that?! Yes, Christmas! Once Thanksgiving passes, Christmas is only about a month away, which is the perfect time to start putting up decorations. Dig out those Christmas lights and stuffed elves because Santa Claus is coming to town.

I hope this got you all excited for the upcoming break. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Freshman at Depauw University.