david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
With Halloween quickly approaching, it can be almost impossible to find a last minute costume that acollege student can afford. Thankfully, places like Pinterest have endless amounts of ideas for do-it-yourself costumes on a budget. I found some of my favorites for you to try during the upcoming Halloweek!

1) The Four Seasons

Get a group of girls together and go as Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. All you need for these costumes is a cheap dress or shirt of a corresponding color (blue, pink, yellow, maroon) and some fake flowers from a craft store to make a festive crown.

2) Superheroes

This costume can be for yourself or for any size group. Just go to a department store and find a graphic T-shirt of your favorite superhero. Pair it with some cute shorts or a tutu and you are Halloween ready.

3) Skeleton

For this costume, you will need either a white or black tank top, a cheap T-shirt of the opposite color, and some face paint. Take the T-shirt and cut lines through it to look like ribs, and paint whatever amount of makeup you want on your face to fit the theme. With some black pants, this costume will definitely be spooky.

4) Little Red Riding Hood

Run to the store or find at home a black shirt, some black shorts, and a red cape or jacket of some kind. Pair this with a basket, and you are the perfectly cute character from the children’s story.

5) Greek Goddess

Go find an old, white sheet and pin it around you however you want to look like a toga. Finish this off with a gold sash or belt and, if you’re feeling extravagant, you can make an olive leaf crown out of fake leaves and wire.

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.