5 Holiday Gifts Under $10

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Holiday gift exchanges can be hard, but thanks to the ever-accessible online shopping services, we’ve compiled a list of popular items that are sure to please and won’t break the college student bank!

Novelty socks

From Ellen to Stranger Things, there are socks out there for every interest. Once winter really sets in, warm, fuzzy socks will be at the top of everyone’s wish list. They’re like mittens for your tootsies! 

Chapstick

As another Midwest winter rolls around, so comes another season of chapped lips. Treat yourself or your gal pals with a nice lip balm like this one from Sephora! https://www.sephora.com/product/rosebud-salve-P42204?skuId=683490&om_mmc=ppc-GG_381463959_27499881279_pla-178155372759_683490_97594848639_9016102_c&country_switch=us&lang=en&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0-r9tePs1wIVSbnACh1ZIAYuEAQYAyABEgLr2_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Fancy chocolates

Who says no to a box of high-quality sweetness? Completely Nuts and Candy has a great assortment chocolates and other candies; be sure to check them out and support local business!

Pens, pencils, and office supplies

From taking notes to signing the Marvin’s delivery receipt, a college student needs and deserves a good pen! Good stationery is another great and useful gift—handwritten sentiments are coming back, people. It’s easy to shop local for this as well—Conspire on the square has a great collection! 

Framed picture or quote

One of my favorite go-to gifts for all my friends is a framed quote. Walmart frames can run as low as a few bucks a pop, and these days photos print for under a dollar! This is such a meaningful and unique gift that is sure to please even your most nit-picky friend or relative.