5 Beautiful Places to Study on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Now that the school year has started up again, we all have a tremendous amount of homework, studying, and reading we have to accomplish. I don’t know about you, but I always get unnecessarily stressed. One way out is to do such tasks in a peaceful area on campus. I have a few ideas:

1. Bowman Park

Not only can you bring your favorite blanket to sit or lie in the grass, but you could also tie a hammock to two trees! Whenever it is a nice day, Bowman Park is a great place to get some work done and enjoy the fresh air!

2. The Nature Park

Feeling overwhelmed? Study at Prindle so that you can hike or simply just take in the scenery when you need a break! There is nothing more zen than nature!

3. Emison Art Galleries

I don’t know if you have ever checked out the art at the Emison Building, but I highly recommend it. The artwork is very unique and special to our DePauw community. I have always been able to find a nice quiet spot, work on assignments, and analyze the new art!

4. Starbucks

For some reason, my friends and I have made it a habit to study at Starbucks. I always thought doing school work at a coffee shop was overrated, but let me tell you, it’s GENIUS! Picture this: Sitting, swaying to hit music, drinking your favorite drink and munching on a tasty treat. I can’t imagine a better afternoon.

5. East College

There are many chairs sitting around East College; they are meant for you!! Take a seat, watch the squirrels, read some literature, and enjoy life! I am sure you will get some very artsy pictures too; who doesn’t?

I hope I have helped with these simple tips, and good luck with your future endeavors this semester!

P.S. Do not forget about the new beautiful fountains we have right outside of Hoover! Take advantage of our new assets!

Freshman at Depauw University.