4 Ways to Style a T-Shirt Dress For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.
Ah, the T-shirt dress. How can one piece of clothing be so comfy, yet so cute? The T-shirt dress is the perfect way to look effortlessly cool and has quickly become an essential in every college girl’s closet. As we transition into fall, the weather is becoming a bit chillier. Below are some chic ways to style the T-shirt dress, while still keeping warm!

1. Jean Jacket

Fall weather can be crazy, especially in Greencastle. It can be 50 degrees in the morning, then 80 degrees in the afternoon. A jean jacket is the perfect addition to any T-shirt dress, if it gets too hot, you can just tie it around your waist and be just as stylish. You can grab a similar dress for only $22 at Brandy Melville.

2. Infinity Scarf

Who doesn’t love having a big scarf wrapped around their neck while walking to a chilly 8 A.M. class? Add some tall riding boots and you’ll be ready for whatever the day brings.

3. Flannel

A flannel is an essential clothing piece for fall. Pair a plain, neutral T-shirt dress with a colorful and fun flannel for the perfect on-the-go ensemble. Forever 21 has tons of neutral T-shirt dresses for as low as $12.90! Get them while they last!

4. Vest

A vest is a perfect way to make an outfit instantly look put together. Pair a striped T-shirt dress with a cute vest, a long necklace, and some wedge booties and you will be raking in the compliments in no time.

Freshman at DePauw! Hometown: Oxford, OH. Currently undecided in major. Style Blog Writer. Tiger Ambassador. Loves anything to do with fashion, the ocean, popsicles, and football!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.