This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

For this playlist, I wanted to help you feel focused, yet energized. I included a variety of songs ranging in genres and sounds in order to keep you interested and to help stimulate your brain. This playlist can be divided into the following categories.

Current

I decided to include a few current songs from artists/bands you might know in order to make the playlist more fun and enjoyable. I was careful to choose songs that had minimal words or repetitive verses in order to not distract you from your work.

Menswear by The 1975

Menswear was a great choice because it’s upbeat, catchy, and only has words in the second half of the song. The 1975 is an all-around great band to listen to when studying. Definitely a fave.

Filthy by Justin Timberlake

Filthy is one of J.T.’s newest songs and sure to pump you up. It is a repetitive jam that gets you dancing in your chair. Everyone in the library will be wondering what you’re listening to.

Electronic Ambiance

It wouldn’t be a study playlist without some ambiguous songs with strong electronic sounds. These songs are exactly the kind of background noise that allows you to get into the zone.

The Stars in Spring by Epic45

This song is peaceful and light. It allows for you to get into a real writing groove with the steady beat keeping pace.

Goodness by Emancipator

The perfect chill, indie sound to transport you to a trendy little coffee shop where the inspiration is endless and the word procrastination doesn’t exist.

Guitar Vibes

The soft strumming of the guitar has the dual ability to relax and invigorate. The natural sound is a great break from the over-computerized sounds of the past songs.

Addison Walk by Phil Keaggy

The easy listening of this song will make you feel as if you’re already on break, even when you’re still stuck in the library. It will motivate you to finish that paper even quicker.

Spring At Last by Peter Ciluzzi

This cheerful song will put you in the perfect mood to enjoy the warming weather and excitement of the changing seasons.

Cinematic

I have found that no other music makes me feel more motivated than those from my favorite movies. Hearing the background music in my ears makes me feel like my life is a movie, and that is a lot more exciting than studying.

Katherine by Hans Zimmer, Pharrell Williams & Benjamin Wallfisch

This light, meaningful accompaniment is going to help you relax and de-stress. Not to mention, this song is meant to highlight the character Katherine, an intelligent, historical woman. How can you not feel motivated by that?

Rise by Hans Zimmer

This song is electrifying and strong. The continued progression is the perfect background music for powering through those last couple pages of your paper.

The Classics

If you are going to listen to a study playlist, you have to have some classical music in there somewhere. It is the OG study jam. These pieces will make you feel so smart and sophisticated.

Symphony No.9 “From the New World” by Antonin Dvorak

This is one of my favorite classical pieces. It is heartwarming and reminds me of home. It is one you will probably recognize and love immediately!

Cello Suite No.1 by Johann Sebastian Bach

This piece played by the famous Yo-Yo Ma is truly a classic among the classics. You have probably heard this lively piece before, and it is the perfect companion for whatever work you have to get done.

Finals can be tough to get through when motivation is hard to find. I hope these songs, and the rest of the playlist, will help you continue to work hard and ace those finals! You got this!

Check out the playlist here

Bailley is a PR & Advertising major from the great state of Minnesota and will remind you every chance she gets. She is a self-proclaimed doughnut enthusiast, an avid reader, and a fan of witty comedy. You can catch Bailley caffeinating the world as a barista or desperately applying for copywriting internships.