Spring Break and The City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

No plans for spring break this year? Not a problem. Although, tanning on the beach in Mexico or Florida sounds so fabulous during these cold February days, staying right here in Chicago is not a bad thing with so much to do in the city! As we count down the days until spring break, it is time to start making plans for a much needed vacation. From devouring some delicious deep-dish pizza at the best joints around to seeing a Broadway show in the Theater District – here are Her Campus DePaul’s suggestions to
enjoying spring break in Chi-town (college-budget friendly, of course).

See a Broadway show – Going to a play or musical in Chicago’s growing theatre scene is the setting for the perfect spring date night! Broadway In Chicago often has many special offers as well as $25 student rush tickets for day-of performances. One of the musicals in town during the month of March: The Book of Mormon. And I highly recommend it!

Sit in a live studio audience – Make your television debut on Chicago’s very own Windy City Live. It’s a daytime talk show that airs weekday mornings on ABC 7. The show has been known to host Chicago celebs such as Giuliana and Bill Rancic, among many others! The best part of it all, tickets are absolutely FREE. To make audience reservations, visit Windy City Live’s website.

Chicago Pizza Tour– For all of you foodies out there, this will be the best investment you will make all break. Trust me. Chicago Pizza Tours are a great way to see the city while traveling by bus to different pizzerias in the Chicagoland area. From the Loop to Hyde Park, you can sample a variety of mouth-watering pizzas from different neighborhoods. A ticket that includes both food and transportation will set you back about $60. However, in my opinion, you can’t put a price on pizza in this city. To book a tour and for more information, visit Chicago Pizza Tour’s website.

Shopping on the Mag Mile– Of course, when in doubt, shop it out. There is nothing like shopping on Michigan Avenue on a beautiful spring day! Shop for a new spring wardrobe with friends and treat yourself to some Pinkberry. After all, you deserve it after kicking butt on all those finals!

So get planning collegiates! Spring will be here before we know it.
Sophomore at DePaul University. Delta Gamma sister. Pinterest addict. The list goes on and on...
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.