This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Remember the popped polo collar craze in seventh grade? Well, it’s back—but in a whole new way. From designer to DIY, the collar has made a stylish return.

When attached to an average button down shirt or dress, the Peter Pan collar can put a unique or girly spin on almost anything in your wardrobe. Many of these collars can be purchased separately from shirts themselves, giving this accessory the versatility to work on both your favorite cable-knit sweater or classic black dress with ease.

Studded or sparkly, lace or floral, you really cannot go wrong with this new neckwear.

Here are just a few ways to rock the Peter Pan look:

Classic: Black and white. Plain and simple.

Lace: Tea party, anyone?

Studs: Give your softest sweater an edge.

Glam: A perfect addition to go from day to night!

If you want to make a collar entirely your own, there are many simple ways to Do It Yourself, allowing you to customize the material to match your clothes. However you choose to wear it, the Peter Pan collar is an easy, yet fashionable, way to add a little flair to your closet. 

Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.