One Tree Hill Women Are Back to #BurnItDownSis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

I grew up with the show One Tree Hill, it taught me so many valuable life lessons and was basically my whole life and still is. The women of the OTH have always been my role models and I have followed their post One Tree Hill careers as well.

Recently, I have seen my favorite One Tree Hill Ladies (Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Lenz, Shantel VanSanten) tweet using the hashtag #BurnItDownSis. Finally after seeing it many times, I became intrigued and had to find out more about it.

It all started to due a thread of tweets that were done by a past One Tree Hill writer. She talked about how she experienced sexual harassment on the first big show she ever worked on along side her fellow co-writer. Of course people flocked to her website/IMDB page and you know what that first show was? One Tree Hill.

Now, she didn’t’t say that it was One Tree Hill or confirm other people who tweeted at her asking if it was One Tree Hill, but she did *sort of* confirm it here:

Do you get it? ONE- TREE- HILL.

So now that we are on the same page, Mark Schwan the creator of One Tree Hill who is the show runner being accused of these accusations has not commented on this story, BUT the leading ladies of One Tree Hill have backed the writer Audrey Wauchope, with agreement of everything she tweeted about what happened.

The fact that my IDOLS had to work with this man, is such a horrifying thought. I never knew. But this didn’t’t wreck my One Tree Hill life, of course, Mark Schwan created One Tree Hill, but these ladies like Sophia, Hilarie, and Bethany gave me my characters- they created them and he can’t wreck that.

Thank you ladies for giving people a voice.

It always hurt my heart when you guys always said you don’t miss working on One Tree Hill, but now I get it, and I am sorry I was hurt. I am hurt for what you had to go through.

I’m sorry to Hilarie Burton for being so angry at her for leaving One Tree Hill, I get it now.

Sophia, I’m sorry I laughed so hard when your interview about how you had to go back to audition for Brooke, because Mark wanted you to look sexier, I am disgusted now, after hearing who Mark really is.

I’ll leave you with this, a tweet by someone in regards to Kate Voegele (Mia from One Tree Hill)’s new song,

#BURNITDOWNSIS

Public Relations student at DePaul University in Chicago. Minnesota grown. President of DePaul University Love Your Melon Campus Crew "I'm proud of the person I've become, because I fought to become her." Twitter & Instagram: @whitneywahlers