This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Midterms are around the corner and pumpkin spice has hit the shelves in literally every store. The season is changing which can only mean one thing- it’s time for your October horoscope!

Aries

March 20-April 19

October Horoscope: You’re finally getting into the swing of the new quarter at DePaul, Aries, and you’re probably feeling on top of the world. You’ve taken on new leadership roles in your friend group, in a club, or at work and you might be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Remember not to stack your plate too high and take some time for yourself.

Where to spend a day this month: Grab a Frisbee and hit the Quad with a few friends to enjoy a low-key hangout without worrying about making it a competition.

Taurus

April 20-May 20

October Horoscope: It’s autumn, and you’ve been thriving with all of the picturesque scenes of red and orange leaves coloring the city. There’s been more than one time you’ve caught yourself admiring the world going on outside your classroom instead of actually paying attention to the professor. It’s okay to slow down and enjoy the world around you, Taurus, but don’t allow yourself to move too slowly or you’ll get left behind.

Where to spend a day this month: Turn off your phone, grab your camera, and hit a park to relish the season before it’s over.

Gemini

May 21-June 20

October Horoscope: You’ve been rocking school so far and you’re determined to stay on top of it all. But, dear Gemini, it’s okay to take a break before you make yourself sick or overly stressed out. Being selfish is needed here and there, but don’t get so swept up in your school and activities that you forget about the people who are closest to you. Remember to take some time this month and figure out a better way to balance your work and social life so you’re getting the best of both words.

Where to spend a day this month: Go to the beach with some friends and take a hundred and one pictures, then spend the rest of the day lounging in the sun and trying to decide which one to post on Instagram and which should be your new avi.

Cancer

June 21-July 22

October Horoscope: You’ve made it this far and you haven’t given away every article of clothing, dear Cancer. You’re a bleeding heart, and while you may feel honored when all of your friends come running to you for advice, it’s perfectly fine to tell them no when you need to focus on yourself. Put your mental health and schoolwork on the top of your list, then you can go and help those in need.

Where to spend a day this month: Use your DePaul ID and spend the day at a museum or three, and don’t worry about rushing through- take your time to appreciate all of the beauty that it holds.

Leo

July 23-August 22

October Horoscope: School has been kicking your butt, but it might be your mouth and tendency to “just tell the truth” that might get you in trouble this month, Leo. Remember that not everyone is ready to hear what has been going through your mind, so bite your tongue. But don’t be afraid to speak up for what you really believe in. Try to take a minute before you speak, and don’t be too critical of those around you.

Where to spend a day this month: Buy a ticket to that movie you’ve been dying to see and a large popcorn all for yourself, then go home and write a scathing review about it in your journal and detail all the ways you could have done it better.

Virgo

August 23-September 22

October Horoscope: Virgo, it’s been a busy first month of school and you’ve taken it upon yourself to color code your life and the lives of everyone around you. You have been the person who would do it all and NOT fall on your face. You might have taken too big of a bite, and it’s okay to spit some out if you need. You’re sure to succeed, but remember that it’s okay to hand over the reins to someone else for a change.

Where to spend a day this month: Spend a few hours in the office aisle at Target and load up on post-it notes and highlighters that you don’t need, just because midterms are coming up.

Libra

September 23-October 22

October Horoscope: It is currently Libra season, which means it is your time to thrive! Life has come at you at full force, and it’s probably been pretty tough to deal with. But enjoy your time in the sun, and tell others to back off when they try to pressure you into making any big decisions. This is your time to let loose (in reason) and marvel at the little beauties that life hands you.

Where to spend a day this month: Spend some time catching up with old friends at a cute coffee shop, warming your body with some tea and your heart with their love.

Scorpio

October 23-November 21

October Horoscope: If the air is a little chilly, you can bet your apple cider on the fact that Scorpios have broken out their leather jackets in preparation of the changing season. And with the colder months approaching, you need to stay aware of your changing mood, Scorpio. You may think you aren’t doing any harm by putting up your walls and not allowing new people in, but in the end, you’ll only ever hurt yourself.

Where to spend a day this month: Go to that concert for that band you have been dying to see and dance like you’re on stage with the band and like no one is watching (but that’s too much of a cliché for you, Scorpio). 

Sagittarius

November 22-December 21

October Horoscope: It’s been almost a month since school has started, yet you’re probably still having a hard time adjusting to the rigid schedule of showing up to class on time. That doesn’t mean you’re falling behind by any means, but the simplicity of the semester is starting to get to you. Make sure to reign in your inner adventurer when you need to, Sagittarius, and get your work done. Then you can go all out on a weekend adventure. 

Where to spend a day this month: Buy some mozzarella sticks at a bar on karaoke night and feel free to rock out, whether it’s with your friends or all by yourself.

Capricorn

December 22-January 19

October Horoscope:  The school year starting wasn’t an issue for you, was it, Capricorn? You had your goal in mind for the quarter set last autumn. Remember to slow down with your work so you don’t make any mistakes. It may be hard to slow down when all you can see is everything that needs to be done, but sometimes taking a short break will lead to a better you. Also, stop clenching your jaw so much. Your dentist will thank you.

Where to spend a day this month: Block off an entire day to sit down with your laptop and sketchpad in the library and work on that big project that has been sitting in the back of your mind for the last few months.

Aquarius

January 22-February 19

October Horoscope: You may be thinking that the role of caretaker falls only on your shoulders, whether it’s with your friends, family, or any other group setting. Sometimes, however, it’s okay to let others solve issues without your input and fall flat on their face. They’ll still reach out to you when they need you, but you have some long-term goals that need your immediate attention and it’s okay to spend more time on that instead of on others around you.

Where to spend a day this month: Unwind a little and spend a lot- have a “Treat Yo Self” day and go to Lush, pick out face masks you don’t need and a bath bomb you have no practical reason for and have a spa day for yourself.

Pisces

February 19-March 20

October Horoscope: You’re probably reading this on your way to go and pick up more Halloween decorations, Pisces. And hey, who can blame you, it’s Halloween for crying out loud! Life has been a bit of a stress lately, and you have reserved the right to make yourself feel better in whatever Pinterest-level beauty you can find. Don’t let the difficulties of real life chase you away from your responsibilities, though. A little escape every once in awhile is fine, but you still have to participate in the whole adulting part of being a grown up.

Where to spend a day this month: Take a walk with a friend or a lover on the beach, appreciate the sunset, and buy yourself a sweet treat while enjoying the romantic vibes of Chicago in the fall.

I'm a sophomore at DePaul University majoring in journalism. I'm from Kansas City, Missouri and when I'm not writing, I'm probably taking a nap or eating sushi.