A Little Slice of Eataly in Chicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

With over 20 restaurants and cafes, it seems like everyone is talking about the newest addition to the Chicago restaurant scene. After opening last month, Eataly has quickly become the go-to place for all things Italian. On the first floor of the food megastore there is a full market, espresso bar and simply amazing Nutella bar with everything from muffins to crepes filled with the hazelnut spread. The second floor of Eataly hosts multiple restaurants, each serving a unique Italian delicacy.

From “la pasta” to “il pesce”, Eataly has something for everyone and is a great way to try new foods imported straight from the homeland. The restaurant is only a few blocks away from the Grand/State Red Line stop at 43 E. Ohio Street. Having visited Eataly for the first time last month, I can say it is definitely worth the trip! Everything that I tried (and I mean everything) was so delicious, especially the coal fire pizzas. And a visit to the Nutella bar is a must. Buon appetito!

Sophomore at DePaul University. Delta Gamma sister. Pinterest addict. The list goes on and on...
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.