DIY: Warm Legs, Full Boots, Can’t Lose

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.
It is no secret that college is costs a lot, and it is only getting more expensive. However, that does not mean accessorizing and creating cute outfits have to something of the past. Fall is the perfect time of year to wear adornments, embellishments, or whatever you please before the fierce Chicago winter approaches. 

An accessory that has recently come back into fashion are legwarmers. This can be made out of many materials, and some legwarmers can cost upwards of $30. This Do It Yourself craft for legwarmers is financially sensible, cute, and will actually keep your legs nice and toasty!

All you need is an old sweater and scissors, here are the steps to creating the perfect look for you:
  1. Look through your closet for any other knit/cotton sweater. If you don’t have any take a quick trip to the local Goodwill and buy one for a couple dollars.
  2. Lay the sweater flat and measure out the sleeves. This is where you can personalize the legwarmers by deciding how long or short you want it.
  3. Use the scissors to cut the sleeves the desired length.
  4. Put the legwarmers on and then put the boots on and enjoy your day!

**This is not needed, but if you want to add bows, buttons, or anything extra found around the house for a more personal touch that is more than okay! All that is needed is a glue gun or some needle and thread. This craft is for the fashionista to have the liberty to design, cut, and add whatever they please.**

Legwarmers/Boot socks are a great addition to any autumn look. They look great with a variety of boots. They’re also extremely comfortable to wear, it is no surprise they are popping up in retail stores again, but this is a more frugal and fun way to customize your own look.
I am currently a junior at DePaul University. I'm originally from the northern suburbs of Chicago. When I am not busy being a full-time college student or blogging I enjoy working out, exploring the city, and attempting to catch up on my sleep. My favorite thing to do in Chicago is to attend Cubs Games.