This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Ok, I admit- watching tv shows is my guilty pleasure. There are some new incredible TV shows that have hit the screen this fall and with that come some powerful females that I am in awe over. Some tv shows that aren’t new but are back for new seasons still have talented, powerful females, and some new females have joined these shows as well. Right now, I’ll focus more on the new faces.

I’ve compiled a list of my favorite bad- ass females that are taking the TV world by storm. If you haven’t seen these shows, I highly recommend you start.

Natacha Karam, “The Brave:”

The Brave is a new show on NBC, about a team of elite military soldiers that are fighting threats and eliminating them as they go. Natacha Karam plays Jaz, the only female on this military special ops team. The best shooter on the team is a female and an obvious bad-ass. I literally WANT to be her. Watching her get after it while fighting the good fight to keep people safe makes me proud to be a woman. I could say a lot about Jaz, she is probably my favorite female on TV this fall. Highly recommend at least watching the Pilot to see for yourself.

…. Remember the soccer coach from The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants that Blake Lively’s character develops a crush on? He leads Jaz’s special ops team, so if the strong powerful female wasn’t enough- your favorite Traveling Pants eye candy is back.

Christina Ochoa, “Valor:”

Yes, I admit I’m addicted to these types of shows. But Christina Ochoa plays Nora Madini in the CW’s newest tv show Valor. Another elite crew this time based on the United States Army and its helicopter pilots. Nora is one of the main characters that the storyline follows, along with her partner. Trying to uncover a conspiracy that the Government and Army is hiding after their helicopter was shot down and one of their partners was captured.

Tracy Spiridakos, “Chicago PD:”

So, I’ve been a fan of Tracy since her days on Revolution. As she was making her way into the cast on the last few episodes of the last season of NBC’s Chicago PD, I was like, ok awesome we’re gonna have two bad ass females, Sophia Bush and Tracy taking care of Chicago. WRONG. They introduced Tracy as a sort of “replacement” of sorts for Sophia Bush’s character. I was nervous she wouldn’t live up to my queen Sophia. But WRONG again. Tracy and her character, Detective Hailey Upton, are an incredible asset and new face to Chicago PD. She’s strong and level-headed- not willing to take crap from anyone, she stands her ground.

Juliana Harkavy, “Arrow:”

Juliana’s character was introduced last season on Arrow, but it wasn’t until this new season she was promoted to a series regular. Juliana is the new Black Canary- joining Team Arrow fighting the city’s villains and protecting them with her canary scream. Dinah by day and Black Canary by night- Juliana’s secret identity character is also the only female member of Team Arrow and she is not one to mess with. She’s doesn’t take crap from anyone.

Now these are just the shows I watch and these aren’t even HALF of the shows I watch, and there of course other females that aren’t new that are strong and powerful women. But I felt these newcomers needed some love, because after watching their performances, I feel so inspired, and I hope you do too.

Public Relations student at DePaul University in Chicago. Minnesota grown. President of DePaul University Love Your Melon Campus Crew "I'm proud of the person I've become, because I fought to become her." Twitter & Instagram: @whitneywahlers