9 Things My Future Husband Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

I promise this is not some Meghan Trainor plagiarism or some song and dance I’m about to break into. February and Valentine’s Day always get me thinking about my future husband, so I finally decided to put together a list of some things he might want to know about me before we’ve signed on to be with each other until death (nothing like a little dramatic timeline to put things into perspective). I’m not sure where you are, who you’re with now or when we’ll meet, but I do know that you are certainly one of a kind for wanting to spend the rest of your life with me

1. I will have bad days because my eyeliner took more than three tries and still didn’t turn out right. I apologize in advance. 

2. No matter how much I love you, a piece of me will always love Zac Efron. It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I promise! 

3. I’ll be with you because I love you, not because I’m trying to lower your taxes. 

4. Pizza will always, always, always be my weakness. No questions asked. 

5. You might want to help yourself out and make my wedding ring a mood ring. (That’s only like 30% a joke). 

6. I eat. A lot. I have the appetite of an adult moose and am a firm believer in the idea that you can’t make anything worse by adding bacon. I promise I’m healthy sometimes too. 

7. My family is my whole world. They will gladly accept you for all that you are. 

8. I promise I will never mean to hurt you. 

9. I will give our marriage everything I’ve got. 

I'm Jess! I'm a marketing and psychology major at DePaul University who loves meeting new people, eating pizza (deep dish, of course!), making lists, and snapping pictures of my new home: Chicago!