3 Types of Students You’ll See During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.
Midterms week sneaks up on you faster than an express train from Lake to Fullerton, and before you know it, you’re swimming in a sea of reserach papers, flash cards and highlighted textbooks. Without a doubt, midterms seem to make the entire campus go a little crazy for a week, and there are three types of college students that you’re bound to run into:

The Library Renter 
This kid is in the same spot of the library for days straight. She doesn’t leave her table for anything except grabbing a GrubHub delivery from the library’s entrance and bathroom breaks. At any given day during midterms week, she can be found in the same spot, slowly morphing into part of the library herself. She and John T. Richardson are in a long-term relationship.

The Naïve Carefree Kid 
This one thinks she can get away with not studying and still do well on exams. She more interested in the relationships of Grey’s Anatomy characters than relationships in Chemistry. She doesn’t understand the habits of The Library Renter, refuses to open a book and instead opts for Netflix marathons. She thinks she’s too smart to study, and probably got away with not trying in high school. She’s in for a rude awakening.

The Overwhelmed and Borderline-Insane Student 
This girl’s probably taking five classes and has three midterms in one day. She’s trying to study for all of them at once, albeit unsuccessfully, and is slowly losing her grip on life. Symptoms include involuntary twitching, severe bags under the eyes, and a shameless attitude about wearing the same outfit for a week straight.

What category do you fall into?
Tori Meschino is a lot of things with a lot of majors. She's a macaroni and cheese lover, a sorority woman, obsessed with Michael J. Fox, a binge-watcher, an editor-in-chief, the HerCDM president, a woman in tech, and a writer. She majors in Interactive and Social Media and Media and Cinema Studies, and minors in General Psychology (and a minor in Never Graduating). So basically she's everywhere. Oh, and she's one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus DePaul!
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.