Like everyone else in the world I absolutely lost it when I found out that Titanic was being released to theatres again but this time in 3D! So of course when my friend asked me if I wanted to go to the midnight premiere showing this past Tuesday of course I said “YES!”
Now, I have to say, it was probably one of the worst decisions of my life because I didn’t get home and settled into bed until 4:30 a.m. You can guess how much of a struggle my next day of classes was. However, I’m able to over look all of that because the movie was AMAZING! I’m actually a pretty big fan of 3D movies, so the fact that Titanic was being re-released pretty much rocked my world.
Now, to have the most pleasurable viewing experience possible, I’ve come up with some tips to help you guys out:
1. Go see the movie at an appropriate time of day.
- I know it’s fun to go catch a late night flick with the girls on the weekend. But, Titanic is a 3 ½ hour film, so in all seriousness, plan accordingly!
2. Make sure you go with a group of people who will actually appreciate the film.
- I went with a few of my best friends who were dying to see the movie. So we ended up having a good time. If someone doesn’t want to see the film, don’t make them. They’ll probably just end up hating you afterwards for wasting 3 hours of their life
3. Don’t fidget with your 3D glasses.
- The thought of having to wear the 3D glasses for 3 hours literally made me itch.
But they really aren’t that bad. The film is still incredibly crisp and extraordinarily life-like.
4. Be prepared for heartbreak.
- The ending is still the same; just it’s way more intense because it’s on a big screen instead of the television. I say come with tissues.
5. Feel free to sing “My Heart Will Go On” when the film ends.
- Some people may not appreciate and if anyone says anything just start singing to them directly. It’ll probably creep them out and then they’ll leave you alone.
6. Don’t be afraid to spring for the large popcorn drink combo deal.
- As I’ve said PLENTY of times. This movie is long, so having snacks at your disposal probably won’t be a bad idea
I think that covers the basics. Now don’t forget your ticket before you set sail on the RMS Titanic; say Hi to Rose and Jack for me!
You Might Also Like...