Roommates: Helen Heutal and Jocelyn Hernandez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

From left: Jocelyn Hernandez and Helen Heutel

This week, we did a special Valentine’s Day interview with sophomores Jocelyn Hernandez and Helen Heutel.

1.Are you roommates?

Helen: Surprisingly no. You would think that because we are always together…except when we slept. Lolz.

2.Relationship Status?

Both: single and ready to mingle.

3.What would be your ideal first date?

Jocelyn: roller-skating, because if I fell, he could help me up.

Helen: swimming in the ocean/beach day.

4.What do you look for in a guy?

Jocelyn: funny, witty, frat star

Helen: Preferably a foreigner, but can speak some English, and good teeth (No Brits).

5.What is the best type of food to order on a dinner date?

Helen: Can we say not to order?

Helen: Do not order spaghetti, or salad or anything that’s awkward to eat.

Jocelyn: But you should eat soup, French fries, chicken tenders, or steak! And NOTHING WITH ONIONS.

Helen: Conclusion, easy finger food.

6.If you were at a movie with a guy, and he started crying, how would you react?

Helen: If it happened more than once, I’d deuce it out.

Jocelyn: If it were reoccurring, I would reconsider dating someone who is less emotional than I was.

7.What is your policy on a bad kisser?

Helen: DEUCES

Jocelyn: I have dated a bad kisser and I waited until the right moment to instruct him.  He took it well.

8.Is there a prince charming?

Helen: yeah, it’s cliché but I believe there’s the right person for everyone.

Jocelyn: I truly do believe there is a prince for everyone; it just depends on what you consider a prince.

Ellie is a member of the class of 2016 at Denison University.  She is an English major with an emphasis on Creative Writing and a Psychology minor.  From a suburb of Detroit called Beverly Hills, Ellie loves coffee, chocolate, J.Crew, and spends too much time on Buzzfeed.  Along with writing for Her Campus, Ellie is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity at Denison. When she's not writing for class or Her Campus, you can find her re-watching The Hills episodes.
Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.