Prada Dress Kick’s Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

A Prada dress spray-painted by street artist Kenny Scharf was one of the many amazing pieces of artwork that kicked off WAT-AAH!’s Taking Back the Streets initiative. The owner of this dress was none other than WAT-AAH!’s CEO/FOUNDER Rose Cameron.

WAT-AAH!’s Taking Back the Street celebrated its opening at the New Museum in NYC on February 20, 2014. The preview of the exhibition that will travel across the country starting at the beginning of March was a star-studded, invitation-only event, with a surprise visit from the first lady. WAT-AAH! collaborated with the Partnership for a Healthier America and a group of street artists to curate this exhibit. Taking Back the Streets features murals and water-bottle label designs created by well-known street artists like Shepard Fairey and Kenny Scharf. The exhibition showcases the original piece of artwork inspired by the WAT-AHH!’s iconic screaming boy logo along with a new series of limited edition WAT-AAH bottles! So what is the story behind this screaming boy logo and the owner of that so chic spray-painted Prada dress?

Ms. Cameron founded WAT-AAH! the first functional water for teens and kids in 2008. Cameron was driven to create this line of water without sugar, artificial flavor, or color of any kind after being shocked by the fact that our generation is predicted to have a shorter life expectancy than our parents’ generation due to childhood obesity. She was even inspired by her own boys whom she says “liked soda and juice and thought water was boring.” With her 20+ years of experience in brand building and developing successful national marketing campaigns for various industries, Ms. Cameron and her sons dreamt up the WAT-AAH!’S screaming boy logo. WAT-AAH! is premised on the idea that water can be “cool” and even enjoyable for kids and teens. WAT-AAH! is living up to its goal of increasing the consumption of water in teens and kids. Tyler, a 10-year-old brand ambassador for the company who lives in the Bronx, told WSJ that he “likes how WAT-AAH’s bottles all include one word that describes why they’re healthy.” Ms. Cameron’s labels with neon colors and the screaming boy logo are certainly appealing to kids and teens. These bottles will undoubtedly have kids all over the country screaming “WAT-AAH!” 

Caroline McCauley is a 22-year-old English literature major at Denison University. Currently, she is a Style Guru Intern at CollegeFashionista, a contributing writer at Yuppee Magazine, and an assistant editor and writer at the Denisonian. In June 2013, Caroline launched a blog called Empowering Fashionista, http://empoweringfashionista.com, that highlights women's fashion, health, and culture. She is very interested in fashion history and studies, women's issues, and journalism. Caroline hopes to pursue a career in journalism and writing along with conducting further research in fashion and women studies.
Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.