The One, The Only, Megan Bertrand ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
Take a guess who this week’s Campus Celebrity is…

This week’s Campus Celebrity has had a busy four years. She was the former president of the Denison Club For Students, is in five honorary societies, was an August Orientation leader and her picture was in the last two internship catalogs. She was also published last August and will be in an upcoming movie scheduled to be released this summer.  

If you guessed Megan Bertrand, you guessed right! Although Bertrand has a busy schedule she still manages to find time to volunteer in Shanghai, China with orphan children. After living in China as a child, and witnessing the One-Child Policy first hand, she always dreamed of going back and volunteering at an orphanage. After several months of fundraising and planning she flew halfway across the world where she spent two weeks at the Shanghai Children’s Home.

Next year, Megan will be working in Downtown Detroit. She has joined Teach For America’s efforts and will be teaching high school science. Megan states, “I have been blessed with the opportunity of getting an excellent education which has helped me realize the importance of having a vision, and standing up for what I believe in. This is my time to give back.”

Megan is respected around campus and always has a smile on her face. A friend of hers said, “She’s the type of girl you want to bring home to mom..she’s a keeper!” Keep up the positive attitude and hard work Megan! You will be successful in whatever adventure comes your way!

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Megan Bertrand, this week’s Campus Celebrity. 
Sally Maxwell is a senior at Denison University and will be graduating in the Spring of 2012. She is a Communications major and Spanish minor and very involved on campus. She is the Vice President of Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) and the Alumnae Chair for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. She plans to pursue a career in Public Relations or marketing and advertising, hopefully in a big city somewhere. Being born and raised in Ohio, she is ready for the big city life after college! She loves her yellow labrador, Beau, and spending time with friends. She strongly believes that everything happens for a reason and she is ready for whatever life has to offer her!