This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
Christa Nannos is a senior from Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, and she is a Campus Celebrity! If you don’t know that name, learn it! Because one day it will be in lights and in all the major headlines! She is a talented actress and opera singer who is anything but a diva. Christa is a down to earth woman who has dreams of perusing a career in Film/TV acting.

Christa was always a little performer growing up, putting on shows for family, and making her friends sing backup. She always took part in the school plays, but it wasn’t until she was 13 when she actually began her training.  “I began to sing some solos and duets in my church choir, such as Mozart’s Domine Deus and Andrew Lloyd Weber’s Pie Jesu, but it wasn’t until my Junior year of high school when I landed my first leading role” Christa explained.  They also did the opera, The Marriage of Figaro, and Christa was cast as Susanna. Half the opera was in Italian and the other half in English, so Christa experienced a little difficulty learning that one. 

From then on, Christa began to focus more on classical singing and looking more into opera as her voice matured. During her Junior year she landed leading roles in Shakespeare plays, and as a Senior in her school’s Main Stage production of Four Baboons Adoring the Sun which went on to win “Best Performance” in West Chester University’s High School Theatre competition. 

Christa also served as the president of her a capella group in High School, but as she reached college she thought that her voice stood out too much as a soloist so she stopped singing a capella and joined the Gospel Choir.  At Denison University she has been in numerous productions as an actress, writer, and singer, but she believes her greatest task will be her Senior Recital on April 13th. “I will be singing eleven songs in five languages: French, German, Latin, Italian, and English,” Christa told us.  I would have to say that is pretty impressive!

When it comes to acting and singing, she can’t choose which she likes more. If she were to pursue singing it would most likely be in classical music and opera, but for now, her current focus is on acting. “I’m moving to Los Angeles, CA after graduation to pursue a career in Film/TV acting and just taking everything one step at a time. I will always be a performer, and I hope that throughout my career I will be able to utilize all of my talents, such as singing opera.”

Well, Christa, the sky is the limit, so I say go for your dreams! We are all so proud of you!
Go check Christa out at her Senior Recital on April 13th!
Sally Maxwell is a senior at Denison University and will be graduating in the Spring of 2012. She is a Communications major and Spanish minor and very involved on campus. She is the Vice President of Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) and the Alumnae Chair for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. She plans to pursue a career in Public Relations or marketing and advertising, hopefully in a big city somewhere. Being born and raised in Ohio, she is ready for the big city life after college! She loves her yellow labrador, Beau, and spending time with friends. She strongly believes that everything happens for a reason and she is ready for whatever life has to offer her!