Campus Cutie: Rachael Williams ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Where are you from? I am from Bay Village, Ohio which is small suburb of Cleveland.

What year are you? I am a member of the class of 2019.

What’s your major? I am a psychology and studio art double major on a premed track.

Why Denison? I chose Denison for several reasons. The basketball team drew me to Denison through their dedication, teamwork, hardships and highlights. I knew that this team was a well-knit family and I wanted to be a part of that. Academically I chose Denison because they allowed me to be versatile in my majors and take all the classes I needed without limiting my potential. Lastly, and I know it’s corny, but as soon as I walked around Denison’s campus I knew it was the right college for me.

What is something interesting about you? Something interesting (or boring) about me is I am an avid reader. I love reading books in my spare time especially fantasy and science fiction novels and even some sappy romance novels.

Favorite food? My favorite food has always been a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

Idea of the perfect date? My idea of the perfect date is pretty simple. It would be going on a walk through the park, having a picnic together and then just relaxing on a blanket until the stars come out.

What inspires you? My family inspires me. My parents through their jobs and hard work inspire me to do well in college so I can be successful after. My sister inspires me to be honest, loyal and supportive along with many other things that I value because I want to be a positive role model for her.

If you could be anyone in the world who would it be? I would be Ansel Adams. Only because I would love to see some of the beautiful landscapes he has seen through his lens.

What’s something that you couldn’t live without? I could not live without my camera. I love taking pictures and I honestly feel like I’d be missing a part of myself if I didn’t have it, but I guess that’s my inner artist speaking.

Niyah is from Kansas City, Missouri and majors in Communication, minors in Women's studies. She plans to pursue a career in the Communication Media and Journalism field. Niyah is on the Women's Varsity basketball team at Denison and is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She is passionate about fashion and fitness and her hobbies include working out, writing for HerCampus, volunteering and reading good books!