Campus Celebrity: Lucas Romick ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is none other than Lucas James Romick ’16. Romick is an environmental science and communication double major from Lebanon, Ohio. He is a member of the varsity football team as well as the track and field team. He currently serves as the Denison Student and the NCAC Student Athlete Advisory Council president. He also works with The Thirst Project, a nonprofit which aims to bring clean water wells to developing countries.

What is your favorite thing about Denison and what made you choose to come here?

The people. Everyone at Denison is so unique and come from so many different backgrounds. There is also unbelievable amount of opportunities available to the students.

If you could only have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Spaghetti. A perfect combination of pastas and sauces!

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What would you like to be doing?

10 years? 2025? Oh man. I’d hope to be somewhere in Southern California working in Non-Profit as well as in the entertainment industry.

Tell me a random and fun fact about you!

I have a twin sister! Her name is Jill (unfortunately I wasn’t named Jack) and she’s a senior at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

What is your life motto/philosophy?

Whenever someone asks how I’m doing, I respond with “living the dream.” I am a huge believer in talking things into existence. So even if I’m not “living the dream” at the moment, I’ll keep saying it until it happens.

Who is your idol?

Seth Maxwell. He is the Founder and CEO of the Thirst Project and I consider him my brother. I’ve had the honor of being in his life for almost five years now and he’s given me a purpose in life. Everything he has done has defied the norm of how things are supposed to be done and I’ve modeled a lot of my life around his.

What are you most passionate about?

People. Not just helping others, but also in general. I think everyone has so much potential in their lives and I love seeing people succeed, grow, fail, change, everything. I try my hardest to get to know everyone and make a genuine connection with people I meet.

If you could be anywhere, doing anything right now, what would it be and where would you be?

I wish I could be back on the road, travelling across America with Quenton Richards ’16. From Los Angeles, California to Dayton, Ohio. On our four-day trip we stopped in Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah to see the stars at night, then the Grand Canyon to catch the sunrise at 5:25 a.m., in Aspen, Colorado to visit Marielle Woods ’16 and finally in the Rockies on our way through Independence Pass. I never knew how beautiful the United States was.  

What’s your dream job?

My dream job would be to produce a major live event, maybe the Oscars or MTV Music Video Awards. I love live events being involved on the production end of things.

What did you do this summer?

This summer, I went back to Los Angeles for my third summer but this time with my roommate Quenton Richards to work for the Thirst Project. It was my third year with Thirst and I co-coordinated events including our annual Thirst Gala in Beverly Hills, a gathering at the North American Hairstylist Awards in Las Vegas and VidCon, which is essentially a ComiCon for YouTubers in Anaheim. I got to work with a ton of amazing people and got to be apart of an amazing team at the Thirst Project.

Describe your perfect day.

Let’s say we’re at Denison for this one. I’d wake up on a Friday to find out my classes are cancelled for the day. I’d go down to Aladdin’s for brunch, then hang out outside for a bit. I’d go to practice, which is only an hour and a half long on Fridays then have dinner with the linebackers from the football team. I’d end the night hanging out with some guys from the team getting ready for a game the next day.

I am an English Creative Writing and Communication double major from Calcutta, India. And i think the most important thing to know about me is that, I LOVE chocolate! When I'm not working, you can find me walking around campus shivering in this freezing weather, taking pictures, swimming, working out, or just having a conversation with random people!
I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.