Black Friday: How to Deal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

It’s the day after Thanksgiving.  You’ve eaten more than you ever thought possible, and you are probably lounging about in a food-induced coma-like state.  But now is not the time to give up and give in.  No.  It is time to rally and head out into the world to do your part as a consumer on Black Friday.  If Black Friday scares you or if you’re worried about being trampled in a stampede of crazed shoppers, fear not.  This guide will provide you with the insider scoop on the best deals of the 2014 season. 

1. Best Buy

Now you may be thinking, “I am not a technologically savvy person.  What does Best Buy have to offer to someone like me?”  Well, there are some pretty sweet deals that will be going down.  Want a new pair of sound-canceling headphones?  Beats by Dre will be $79.99.  I can personally attest to the wonders of these headphones, and if you’re anything like me, your little brother will be able to make fun of you for wearing them because he believes you are “trying too hard”.  Not true.  These headphones work.  Other notable deals include wireless printers, Apple MacBooks, and iPads.  Best Buy opens at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving evening.

2.   Target

Who doesn’t love Target?  Hating Target is simply un-American.  This Black Friday, head to Tarjay if you need a new iPhone.  The white and gold 5s will be on sale for $79 and comes with a free $30 gift card.  Keurigs, digital SLR cameras, and tablets will also be on sale.  Doors open at 9 p.m. on Thursday, November 27.

3.   Online

If you truly don’t want to shower and put on real pants, you’re in luck.  The internet exists for a reason and you better take advantage of it.  Stores like Nordstrom, Amazon, and Sephora will be dishing out some pretty sweet deals.  Fire up your laptop and shop away.  Once you’ve ordered to your heart’s content, you can spend the rest of the day watching Christmas movies.  Tis’ the season!

Happy shopping!

Sophomore.  Equestrian.  Lover of HGTV, movies, and naps.
I'm a sophomore at Denison University from Boca Raton, Florida. I'm a psychology major and when I'm not studying, you can find me walking around campus trying to figure out what to do with this freezing Ohio weather, playing tennis with friends, or just looking for someone fun to talk to!