5 Times So You Think You Can Dance Blew Our Minds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
  1. Hailee and Virgil

In the battle of stage versus street, Hailee, with her background in jazz, was at a little bit of a disadvantage when it came to breaking down in this hip hop routine.  However, she and her partner, Virgil, both crushed this routine!

2. Season 10 Top 20

Nappy Tabs, as the choreographers for this routine are affectionately known, pulled together all of the contestants, judges and choreographers for one heck of a SYTYCD routine!  

3. Robert and Gaby

The emotion of this dance, which deals with the issue of anxiety, was really powerful, bringing together contestant, Gaby, and an All-Star from a previous season, Robert.  We couldn’t take our eyes off of them.

4. Twitch and Alex

Contestant Alex put away his ballet slippers for this hip hop number, pairing with an all-time favorite from past seasons, Twitch!  The dynamic between these two was incomparable. 

5. Jaja and Alex

Alex returned as an all-star in this routine, too, but it was Jaja who really stole the show.  Her movements are so controlled and beautiful, you’d never guess she was a krumper at heart!

I am an English/Creative writing major at Denison University and a member of the class of 2019.
I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.