5 New Things to Try at Denison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

5 New Things to Try at Denison

With the semester winding down, it’s easy to put your head down and focus on your work. However, there are many important things happening on campus that you should check out. It’s easy for us to get into our comfort zones, but why not stretch yourself and try something new? Here are some new things to try in the last few weeks:

1. Go to a sporting event you’ve never seen before. We all have our favorite sport, but why not attending a new event? It’s a great social activity to do with friends, and gets you outside to a different part of campus.

2. Attend a DCGA meeting. DCGA is very involved with activities and events on campus, and is the source of frequent campus climate dialogue. Instead of hearing about DCGA in the bullsheet, attend the weekly meetings in Burton Morgan at 6:30 on Tuesdays.

3. Study in a different space. Try changing up your studying scene, whether it’s moving floors in the library, or even moving to a different building.

4. Eat at a new restaurant. Find some friends that are willing to google random restaurants in the area, and try something completely new. It may be come a new favorite place!

5. Attend the event of an organization that you never have been to. There are so many amazing organizations on this campus, why not attend a new event?

Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.