3 Great Subscription Boxes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

As college students, an email from the Slayter package room is always welcome. Who doesn’t love receiving care packages filled with fun surprises from family members or friends back home? Now, you can send yourself surprises by subscribing to a beauty box service. After Birchbox shipped out their first beauty subscription boxes in September 2010, other brands and companies realized that the founders of Birchbox might be on to something. Now, their are multitudes of subscription box services–and they aren’t just limited to beauty boxes. There are monthly boxes that cater to children, sock lovers, crafters, fashionistas and even foodies, in addition to many other kinds. Here are some of our favorite subscription box services.  

1. FabFitFun

FabFitFun is a subscription box service that ships out a box four times a year, or by seasons. The seasonal subscription costs $49.99. Even though the price is somewhat expensive, you receive more than just beauty samples. The 2015 Fall Box includes gift cards, a cute umbrella, a luxurious do-it-yourself facial and many other awesome products. 

2. Glossybox

Glossybox is a beauty subscription box service that was founded in Berlin, Germany in 2011. The service, which is now located in 10 countries, picks five “deluxe-sized” beauty products each month based on a profile that you fill out. The box itself is beautifully wrapped, and the products are generally very pleasing. Glossybox is somewhat pricier than other monthly boxes at $21 per month, but it is worth it if you want to treat yourself every once in a while. 

3. Birchbox

Birchbox is the OG box of subscription boxes, and it is very affordable at $10 per month. Similar to other beauty boxes, Birchbox lets you fill out a profile that helps the beauty specialists select products to fit your personal needs. With each box, you get at least five sample sized products, and Birchbox occasionally lets you choose a product that you would like in your next box. The company also offers a subscription box for men now, so if you’re looking for a gift to give a boyfriend, you might want to try Birchbox Man. 

I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.