Style

Things we Buy in Penneys but Never Intended to Buy in the First Place.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Penneys will never allow you to walk out with the only thing you came in to buy. 

While we all love the low prices and almost convincing designer handbags Pennys have to offer, it’s impossible to have a list of things to buy and stick to it. Pennys always find a way to catch our eyes and take our money. 

And while we all have that voice in our heads, as we walk up to the shop, saying, “I’m only going to buy the black body suit I saw online and then I’m leaving,” that never actually happens – much to our wardrobes delight and our purses misfortune. 

Here are some of the things that we always end up buying; things that, even though we don’t need them, we need them: 

1)  Cheap slippers! Perfect to slip into your purse on a night out when your 6 inch heels start to give in. 

2)  A reusable water bottle because everyone has one lately and you simply cannot be left behind with the trends. 

3) Household items such as pillows with deep and meaningful quotes on them to make up for the severe lack of deep and meaningful quotes in your room. 

4) Quirky bits and bobs for no reason other than that they look hipster and cool. Like a pineapple candle, for example. 

5) Fluffy socks because who can possibly resist the feeling of walking on fresh pink fluffy clouds!! 

6) Dry shampoo for those awful “woke up too late and didn’t have time to shower” mornings. (It’s always those mornings where you meet everyone you’ve ever known…) 

7) Bobby pins… where do they all go!?!? 

8) Makeup wipes because who can resist 2 packets for €1.50!? Not me anyways! 

9) Socks. With a bargain like €3 for 6 pairs of socks, who can be bothered to look for the millions of mismatched socks that are strewn around the bedroom? 

10) And lastly, just as you think there’s nothing else you can possibly buy, there are the most comfortable and cutest onesies you’ve ever seen just waiting for you to take them home! 

So there you have it- just some of things from a very long list of things that we never intend to buy but always end up in our shopping bags. And we’re forever grateful Penneys. 

Image by TV3.ie

Hey guys! I'm Megan and I'm from Ireland. I'm studying Journalism in Dublin City University.