Top 7 Charlotte Radio Stations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Although Davidson students aren’t usually commuters, there are times we drive off campus. Like when we must satisfy our late night Cookout or Chick-Fil-A cravings. Or when we head out to volunteer. And while some of us are avid bluetoothers and Aux cablers, others like to keep it old school (or maybe we just don’t want to use our data). So we tune into the radio, that ancient technology that somehow still survives due to advertising. If you’re like me, and not a local, you have no idea what frequencies to adjust your dial to in order to find the good tunes. Instead of using the trial and error method, check out my list of the best stations in the Charlotte area.

88.7 WNCW A public radio station that hands-down has the best mix. Super diverse: plays from Pink Floyd to Rhiannon Giddens to Band of Horses to Bob Dylan.

92.7 The Block Count on them for Hip Hop and R&B. Good when you need some Drake or Migos.

95.1 Kiss FM Your Top 40 hits. Also home of a great morning show segment called War of the Roses where Maney, Roy and Lauren bust people who their partners suspect are cheating on them (which is also available as a podcast).

96.1 Channel 96-1 Charlotte’s #1 Hits Station. Home of the Ace & TJ Show.

98.7 Ke Buena Contemporary Latin Music. Jam out to songs you may or may not have heard in Spanish class.

106.5 The End Alternative

107.9 The Link Charlotte’s Best Mix. Mostly pop. The Matt & Ramona Show has been voted best radio show by Charlotte Magazine multiple times. They have a podcast!

Carlina is a junior Latin American Studies Major and History Minor at Davidson College and the founder of Davidson's Intercultural Dinner Dialogue program. She is Senior Editor and Co-Vice President of Her Campus Davidson. She is passionate about immigrant rights and is working on becoming a better ally to people of color.