Thesis Struggles: Part Three

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Long time, no talk. I’ve been busy, what can I say? I am going to use the last of my brain power to update y’all on my ongoing thesis battle. Usually I at least attempt to say some witty stuff before getting into the gifs (it’s up for debate whether or not I’m actually witty), but I just don’t think that’s going to happen today. The following five experiences of thesis-writing should adequately explain to you why exactly it is I will not be blowing your socks off with my wit today or anytime soon:

1. Beyonce has a better understanding of your life than you…

Everything sucks B, it just does

2. Having a twisted sense of self

This whole process has given me a false sense of superiority, and it kind of makes me sick. But hey, at least I’m being honest. Oh, and since I’m being honest, I definitely still cry for other reasons such as pure exhaustion or anxiety.

3. Grad School

For me, being a senior also means applying to graduate school. This is precisely how I feel when I am attempting to write 5 incredibly introspective essays. Also note the heaps of boxes around Zooey Deschanel; I also have to move out of my apartment during this next month

4. Data collection and analysis

This is literally what I did when I saw the INANE amount of numbers output from my experiment. Just preparing it for analysis took a week. It was the worst.

5. Never seeing your friends

What’s the use of having a support system, when you’re too busy to ever use them for support??

6. Not finding any signifcant results

Last, but certainly not least, it’s super fun when you spend months hypothesizing all of this great stuff and you analyze the data and all you ever thought about the world is now “proven” (except you can’t actually use that word, thanks Science) to be full of lies.

But hey! On the bright side, it’s almost Thanksgiving Break. I have finished analyzing my results and writing them up. All I have left is the discussion section, my [public] presentation, and revision. Lastly, this is probably my last installment in this series. I hope y’all have at least moderately enjoyed keeping up with me during this endeavor.

Did I mention Thanksgiving Break? Praise be to turkeys and solitude.