etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

If you’re like us, absolute TV addicts two women who appreciate the arts, May 16th couldn’t come soon enough. The premiere of The Bachelorette promised a strong opening into hours of lounging on the couch this summer. But one dumb people drama-filled show is not enough to bide the time until the fall returns of our favorite shows. 

Enter I Wanna Marry Harry. While we patiently awaited the next instillation of Andi’s search for love on ABC, FOX answered our prayers. We know what you’re thinking: “FOX couldn’t possibly deliver the same level of trashy, cliché romance as The Bachelorette.” Friends, you are sorely mistaken. This show is gold. Complete with empty-headed American girls who wouldn’t recognize a royal if he literally kissed them on the face, this show exceeded our expectations. And trust us, we know reality TV. Sadly, FOX didn’t agree that this show was a gem and canceled the show mid-season. Never fear – the remaining episodes will be available online in the coming days.

Speaking of reality TV, the Kardashians returned for another season on E!—airing every Sunday. If you’re not already a member of the Kardashian Klan, you can get brainwashed join the club easily because every single episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians is on Hulu. It’s a little painful to watch Rob in his skinnier days, but if your friends are all busy internship hasn’t started yet, grab a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and get comfortable.

If reality TV is not your thing, make like one of our good friends and start watching Netflix on your phone at work!

“Thank God It’s Friday” is always a favorite phrase of ours, but it took on new meaning last week with the premiere of Season 2 of Orange is the New Black on June 6th. If you haven’t watched the first season, then lucky you! You’ve got 26 episodes to binge watch. The show just came back with punchier one-liners and more killer cliff-hangers, so get ready to deprive yourself of sleep. You won’t be able to stop your automatic player.

And if you have no plans this weekend and already clicked your way through both seasons of OITNB, our next binge watching suggestion is a serious throwback. All 243 episodes of 7th Heaven are on Hulu. Put on your favorite nineties clothes and get yourself a pack of Capri Sun, it’s going to be an emotional rollercoaster.

Whether you’re clandenstinely watching at your desk or lounging around at your parents’ house, HBO has loads of options. Don’t be like Jon Snow and know nothing: escape this hot, boring summer and head to the dangerous land where “winter is coming:” Game of Thrones. This show features an ensemble cast and transcends many genres. It’s really got something for everyone, from blood and guts to drama and romance. The season just ended, but HBO GO is the perfect enabler for your shut-in, binge watching tendencies.

If you like your TV shows a bit less frigid and bit more steamy, HBO’s True Blood is for you. This show is literally nothing but beautiful people (human and undead) having crazy sex and draining each other of blood. It’s a fun summer show, and again with HBO GO, you can start from the beginning and not miss a single second of heated, sexually charged eye contact.

On the flip side, if you like looking at clothed beautiful people, then Suits needs to be your summer show. Suits is a legal drama with all of the professional intrigue and excitement that you can only dream of your internship having. Many interns, myself included, have come to the realization after the first few weeks on the job that this whole thing may not be as glamorous as they thought and instead will involve running errands for the most part. Suits’ new season, which is on USA every Wednesday, can help you escape the internship tedium.  

Here’s one last GIF from Suits to sum up every internship ever: 

a sassy south carolinian who prefers bulldogs to people