yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

“Stranger Things” Halloween Costume Inspirations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you couldn’t get through the first season of Stranger Things without feeling the constant urge to purchase a pair of baggy, high-waisted, corduroy pants. So maybe you aren’t anything like me. But the style and costumes on the show are wonderful and make me wish I lived in the 80s, so with Halloween approaching, what better time is there to dress like the Stranger Things cast? Here’s some inspiration.

1. Eleven

For Elle’s costume, you’ll want to go for the iconic pink dress and the blonde wig that she wears in the last couple of episodes. Pair with some mid-calf striped socks and a navy bomber jacket for some extra warmth on a cool evening. There are a couple of pink, collared dresses out there (and you can even DIY) but here’s one option.

2. Will, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin

Although the four boys do each have their own signature style, they can be done in similar ways. Flannel, puffy vests, hats, backpacks, and of course bikes are guaranteed to transform you. And if you’re going as Dustin, don’t forget chocolate pudding.

3. Nancy

You can probably get a decent Nancy costume through closet raiding and a quick stop in at the Value Village. The cardigan is king here, with just the right pair of mom jeans, sneakers, and a shearling coat. Don’t forget to perfectly barrette your hair and grab Jonathan Byers plus the weapon of your choice. Try this jacket, which you’re sure to keep wearing even after Halloween.

4. Barb

Barb is honestly a recent style icon of mine. The ruffles, the glasses, the ATTITUDE. She is all of us. Just don’t end your Halloween throwing up slugs in a basement or the Upside Down. Check out these very Barb-esqe glasses and blouse, and don’t forget to stay perfect. Miss you Barb.

6. The Demagorgan

Wear a lot of black. Be slimy. Hulk around all night speaking to no one. Mess with the lights. Maybe try one of these makeup tutorials and see if you can get your face to look like a toothy flower. But also, what is wrong with you?

5. Hopper

Grab your khaki everything and head to badass training school. You can pass go. Collect a tan fedora. Put it on. And you can take the standard “jaded policeman” to the next level with a specially made “Hawkins Police” patch here on Etsy.

6. Joyce Byers

This is it. Joyce has spoken. Get crafty. Find your son.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

SaveSave

Josephine is a senior English major from Massachusetts. She is the Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus at Davidson, a member of Connor House, and runs the Instagram account @cheeeesefries in her free time.