So You Survived Midterms…What Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

So you survived midterms…

First of all…way to go champ! I’m proud of you. It can already feel like everything is just piling right back up, but you need to give yourself a break. Here are some great ways to do it.

1. Pamper, pamper, pamper

Go get a hair cut or your nails done. If you don’t want to pay for it, trade off with a friend doing each other’s nails or deep condition your hair with products from CVS. Do something that makes you feel relaxed and spoiled.

2. Old-fashioned slumber party

Literally the best part about college is living with your friends all the time. But it can be nice to do it up right like you used to back in the days when staying up all night together was a privilege. Too much food, cheesy movies, board games, and a ready slate of gossip. It’ll be fun.

3. Day trip somewhere

I personally think there are few simple pleasures in life as nice as driving with the windows down while everyone sings along to whatever song is on. Gather up some friends, get in the car, and find something fun to do for the day just to get a change of scenery. Leave all your work behind and just enjoy the last of the nice weather.

4. Sleep

One night of sleeping in is not going to make up for two weeks of pushing your body to the limit. Catch up now, while you can. Now is not the time to say, “I’m going to get ahead on everything now that I’m not so busy.” Now is the time to make sure that your body is equipped to make it through the semester.

5. Skype dates

It can be really easy to neglect relationships from home—even easier when all you have time to think about is homework and breathing. Set aside time now to catch up. Don’t feel bad that it’s been awhile—they’ve been busy too. But it’s a really nice way to set aside your stress and recap the best of your semester so far, and it’ll give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Happy relaxing.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.