October Horoscopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

It’s a new month, a new season, and Mercury won’t be in retrograde again until December, so you can bet October is going to be your month. And if you’re a certain Pieces that I know, you can bet that the older woman you are waiting to meet will appear on your radar (everyone should see a psychic at least once in their young adulthood).

Libra (September 23-October 22)

Libra, this is your month to shine. The stars told me so. You just need to get out there and grab it, whether that means going in for office hours for that class you’re falling behind in, asking an old friend or hallmate to get a meal together, or organizing a unique event for a cause that you are passionate about. Now is the perfect time to take the risk that you’ve been too afraid by (you know exactly the one I’m talking about).

Scorpio (October 23-November 21)

The weather is changing, and so are you, but that isn’t a bad thing. Embrace the fall as a time to break your routine, whether that means ditching the library for a day hike or trying a restaurant off the beaten path. However, be sure to conserve energy to avoid burn out this month, since once Scorpio season starts you might have less time to focus on self-restoration.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

When the moon crosses the third ring of Saturn, Neptune will likely interfere with your period. Or maybe it’s just that you’re syncing cycles with your roommate. Either way, be conscious that you may be feeling a little feisty when you least expect it, but that’s not a bad thing. Grab what you’ve been aiming for and don’t let go until you get it.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19)

Not only is the Sun ascending through Libra this month, but also Jupiter will be passing through Libra for the next 13 months. What does this mean for you, Capricorn? Well, you are about to have a bomb month and an even more bomb year. You are ready to rise to a new position of leadership, make some needed personal growth, and drive full steam ahead. Just be sure that you take some time to rest.

Aquarius (January 20-February 18)

Freedom and spontaneity define this month for you, Aquarius. The chances of everything working out in the end are high, so do something impulsive or crazy, simply because you can. You felt some external pressure last month that held you back, but now you are about to ride into a cosmic vacation period. And you earned it.

Pisces (February 19-March 20)

The Sun is in Libra, and you’re going to need a little space. Your craving for alone time will pass around the 10th, and you can be sure that you will emerge fresh and new. However, until then be sure to keep your family and friends attuned to what you are feeling, so they know exactly how they can help you make the most of this much-needed recharge.

Aries (March 21-April 19)

Something has been bogging down your independent spirit this semester, whether that’s a group project, transportation issue, or a needy friend. Either way, you’re in a funk. But that funk is about to go away, and it’s not because you’re going to get your independence again. It’s actually the opposite. The Sun is in your seventh house of interpersonal affairs, so suddenly, dependence may not seem all that bad. Now is the time to actively work on being a good friend.

Taurus (April 20-May 20)

Jupiter will be spending the entire month in Libra, and so you can expect to feel motivated to get your affairs in order at last. Time to take the little things that have been nagging at you and check them off your to-do list. If cleaning your room will make you feel good, cleaning negative friends or influences out of your life will feel even better.

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

In typical Gemini fashion, you will be a little all over the place this month, but that’s not a bad thing. Creativity abounds, as does passion and self-expression. And with fall clothing coming out now, this could be a fun time to change your look. This is also the month of truth telling, since who needs a filter when they speak anyways? Just do your best not to offend anyone.

Cancer (June 21-July 22)

With the sun in Libra for the first three weeks of October, you will be more inclined to stay in than go out, but that’s what being a Cancer is all about. Better yet, cuffing season is about to begin, so if you find a new beau to stay in with, that is all the better. Take advantage of the cooler weather to make some comfort food to remind you of home.

Leo (July 23-August 22)

Your mind has been moving a mile a minute these last couple of weeks. You are so chock full of creative and innovative ideas that you might not even know where to begin, but the Sun will be in your third house of communication for most of the month, making this the time to take action.

Virgo (August 23-September 22)

You’ve had a lot of change thrown at you since being back at school, and in the process, you have lost sight of your goals. Now is the time to remember them, write them down, and commit. You’ll find yourself feeling more grounded in the process and will succeed in whatever you put your mind to.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

SaveSave

Josephine is a senior English major from Massachusetts. She is the Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus at Davidson, a member of Connor House, and runs the Instagram account @cheeeesefries in her free time.