Meet the Her Campus Davidson Executive Board

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Katie Gomulkiewicz

Editor-in-Chief

Katie Gomulkiewicz considers herself a true Seattleite who functions best on rainy days with a cup of Starbucks coffee in hand. A junior at Davidson College, she studies psychology and English. However, Katie’s true passions are poetry, leopard print, Diet Coke, and penguins. She writes (and rewrites) page poetry and performs slam poems as a member of FreeWord. Katie also happens to be obsessed with Her Campus and is so excited to be EIC. When asked to produce a “fun fact” about herself, Katie normally sticks with the fact that she has three fake teeth or that she once kissed a giraffe. Despite Katie’s love of the Washington rain, she hopes to move to sunny Spain after college to teach English before returning to the USA. Oh! If you ever have any questions about Her Campus you can start up a conversation with Katie or email her at davidson@hercampus.com and she would love to talk. 

Madi Driscoll

Vice President/Events Chair

I’m a casual mix of Leslie Knope, Ginny Weasley, and that chick from Legally Blonde who says it should be “ovester not semester.” I fully own my inability to let things slide and “just chill y’know?”  I’m from the middle of St. Paul in the middle of the North and don’t understand this whole “man-made lakes thing” because Minnesota has over 10,000 of them.  I can walk on water and have fished on ice.  I like words and language way too much and stumble over my ideas when they’re leaving my mouth because I have too much to say.  Food still scares the shit out of me sometimes, and Davidson is one of the weirdest, most messed-up and still effective places I’ve ever been.  I don’t know how to handle people who use the word “summer” as a verb, and I really miss the Minnesota State Fair, my dog, and my family.  I’m majoring in education studies, love public education, and want to teach middle schoolers how much language can do for them too. I also have no patience for bullshit and anonymous bitching.  I live by Lt. Cdr. Eric Greitens’ words: “Without courage, compassion falters; and without compassion, courage has no direction. We must be both good and strong, use both the heart and the fist.”  

Elaine Ruth Boe

Senior Editor

As an impressionable first-year ready to commit to every club, I joined Her Campus because I liked to write and I liked to read. As a rising senior, Her Campus is one of the few things I’ve stuck through my Davidson career. As your new Senior Editor, I’ve got The Chicago Manual of Style and Grammar Girl bookmarked on my computer, so I’m ready for any and all grammar problems our writers might throw my way. When I’m not checking comma or apostrophe placement, I read voraciously (not so much at school, because Davidson workload), follow style blogs, and fantasize that I’m still studying abroad in London (the chicest place on earth). I’m thrilled by the energy Her Campus is bringing to Davidson this year. Watch out for us.

Ellie Rifkin

Features Editor

Hi I’m Ellie and I’m a sophomore English major and Economics minor from northern New Jersey. I’m a musical theatre geek, a member of Davidson’s mock trial team and Rape Awareness Committee, a proud Ruskie, and a pizza snob. (The first and last things on that list are just part of the hazards of growing up really close to Manhattan.) Also, if Disney ever made a film about me I think it would be about my deep love for mac n cheese. That’s probably all the important stuff. 

Lo Donato

Blog Editor

A(lo)ha I’m Lo! (Lo)ver of life, books, fitness, llamas, and all things sugary. In the words of Coco Chanel, I like to keep my “head, heels, and standards high.” Peep me eating crunchy peanut butter out of the jar or running anywhere (except on a treadmill, they hurt my knees). I’m super passionate about health and fitness and basically live at KadiFit. You can spot my crazy head of hair from across campus, but hey my energy has to come from somewhere right? Also, in the wise words of Buddy the Elf, “I love smiling, smiling’s my favorite.” 

London Judge

Snapshot Editor

I am a junior English and Political Science double major from just outside of Boston, MA.  When I am not writing HerCampus articles I love eating sushi, watching the Patriots play, and planning imaginary vacations.  I have an unhealthy obsession with HGTV and all things interior design, my favorite form of productive procrastination is redecorating :) HCXO

Emi Moore

Secretary and Publicity Chair

I’m Emi, a junior English major, Film and Media Studies minor from Prescott Valley, Arizona. When I’m not running crazy trying to keep my school schedule organized, I work backstage on theatre shows in pretty much any position, and help out in the English department. In my free time (haha what is that), I like to work on creative writing, watch anime, or just hang out with friends. A fun fact about me is that regardless of who I get married to, I want my wedding to be at Disneyland (I ran the prices for fun, and it isn’t nearly as bad as you’d think).

Josephine Cannell

Social Media and Publicity Chair

Josephine is an English major from Mattapoisett, MA. After spending the fall semester studying abroad in Stockholm, Sweden, she’s decided that she would like to live abroad after graduation, and is taking self-instructional Swedish this semester at Davidson to help her work towards that goal. Josephine enjoys running, yoga, dogs (especially her Bernese Mountain Dog named Mocha), and cheese fries. In fact, on top of her personal Instagram and the Her Campus Instagram, Josephine also has @cheeeesefries, an Insta devoted entirely to everyone’s favorite food. She loves being outdoors and wants to hike the AT before her knees go. On top of being a part of Her Campus Davidson, Josephine is also an active member of Connor House and plays club field hockey, but only vaguely. Follow her on Instagram @jocannell and Twitter @jo_cannell. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Katie Gomulkiewicz considers herself a true Seattleite who functions best on rainy days with a cup of Starbucks coffee in hand. A senior at Davidson College, she studies psychology and English. However, Katie’s true passions are leopard print, Diet Coke, and poetry.