This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

A common misconception is that it takes a helluva lot of time, energy, money, and maybe a satanic sacrifice or two to look “effortlessly” beautiful. But, I’m here to tell you that with a simple few tips and tricks, you can look your best and still be the lazy, slob of a college student you truly are.

• Fancy Sweatpants:
    • Sweatpants are a lazy girl’s best friend. I mean comfort and convenience in one pair of cotton-blend leg blankets, what more could a lazy girl ask for? However, nothing says “I gave up on life” more than rocking a pair of worn out, gray sweatpants with a coffee stain or two situated on the crotch. Not the best look. So why not go for “fancy sweatpants.” Yes, you heard it here folks, there are fancy sweatpants. These scream “hot-vegan- yoga instructor” more than “insomniac-basket case.” They combine comfort with style in the most accessible, effortless way. Check out stores like Athleta, Top Shop, or Forever 21 for these deceptively comfortable fashion statements.
  • The Five Minute Face:
    •  Professional Instagram models seem to make getting glammed up look like a trying, time-consuming, expensive experience. But I am here to tell you that none of this is necessarily true. With a three product, five-minute face, you can highlight your best features, and save a little time in your morning schedule.Start by getting a lightweight, moisturizing BB cream (try Smashbox, Clinique or Laura Mercier). BB cream is the quickest way to keep your face moisturized and to cancel out any of the redness or uneven quality of the skin. Second, try to frame your face with a little mascara. It’ll brighten your eyes and hide the fact that you “slept” for only approximately 30 minutes last night. Last but not least, give yourself that come hither grin by applying a light, hydrating tinted lip balm. Nobody wants cracked dry lips, and this can double as a blusher as well.
  • Hydration Station:
    • Every lazy girl knows nobody has time for expensive face masks and fifty-step skin care routines. You can, for the most part, substitute these by simply staying hydrated. Drinking water is the easiest way to maintain healthy skin, but people often don’t get enough of it. Keep a reusable water bottle by your side and try to get through at least eight, eight-ounce glasses a day. Before you know it, you’ll feel a ton better and look like a glowing, hydrated, beacon of health. No effort needed!
  • The Casual Dress:
    • People often assume dresses are synonymous with effort. But nay nay! Dresses are literally the least effort needed clothing option. There’s no coordinating an outfit when you have a whole ensemble in one item. If you’re feeling feminine, invest in a few casual dresses. They’ll make you feel like frolicking in a field and they require less effort than you’d think.
  • Dry Shampoo:
    • A lazy girl knows what it’s like to deal with greasy hair. Maybe you’ve spent the last three days cloistered in the library, making breaks only to shove some quick greasy food into your mouth, or maybe you’re on a Netflix binge and can’t quite tear yourself away from the next nine seasons of Gilmore Girls.Whatever the case is, your hair is greasy, and greasy, unless your Danny Zuko, usually isn’t a good look. That’s when dry shampoo comes in. Dry shampoo is quite literally a fast shower in a can for your hair and it may just be god’s gift to lazy-girl-kind. You can grab a can of it from any local drug store and it’ll surely come in handy on those days that you just can’t quite make it to the shower.
  • A Smile:
    • Last but not least, the best thing a lazy girl can rock is a smile. Beauty is as much of an internal quality as it is an external one, so make sure to keep your head up and a smile on your face! To make that smile extra brighter, use fast-acting whitening strips to give your teeth that extra push. (You can find them at your local CVS.) Slap one on while you’re doing your homework or, let’s be real, watching dorm tours on Youtube.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us atdavidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.