Juggling Swords: Living that Crazy Schedule Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

At Davidson, we all know what it’s like to be constantly busy. I don’t just mean we always have something to do, I mean we always have a million things to do at the same time and oh god I forgot about that other thing.

You all know what I’m talking about.

If it isn’t schoolwork (who are we kidding, it’s always schoolwork) then it’s our clubs, sports, eating houses/fraternities, parties, friends, family, food… the list just doesn’t seem to end. Sometimes it feels like the world is literally coming apart because there is no way in hell you can feasibly do all of these things. I’m sure everyone has seen this chart, but it’s the best way to explain crazy schedules:

Except you know, there’s probably about ten more things you could add to that, and maybe pick five maximum, seven if you’re good. The point is, not everything is going to get done. But since it’s Davidson, no one wants to let anything go. It’s like juggling swords. You’re worried if you drop one you’re going to lose a hand. But, our schedules aren’t actually swords. They’re just regular old juggling balls. If one drops, you can just pick it up and start over. No one will think less of you for letting certain things go to better balance your life.

If you’re like me though, and you still don’t want to let anything go, at least take a break. When your crazy schedule has you feeling like you’re going to collapse, just stop. Take a nap. Drink some tea. Call a friend. Give your mind the break it desperately needs. Then, you can jump right back into things, hopefully with more energy.

And don’t worry if sometimes, you drop the ball.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Emi Moore

Davidson

Just an English nerd drowning in words. English major with a Film and Media Studies minor. Aspiring to write many novels, films, television shows, and video games. Avid reviewer of movies, theatrical productions, videogames and pretty much anything you can possibly review.