How Your Student ID Can Make You Money with UNiDAYS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

There are a lot of benefits to being a college student.  Free food, free movies, free stuffed animals.  But still, our wallets (and our closets) might not be as full as our stomachs are on Reading Day.  With the end of the semester quickly approaching, a collegiette needs some retail therapy…without breaking the bank. 

In steps UNiDAYS, a website that gives college students discounts at top online retailers. 

How does it work? 

Visit www.myunidays.com, register with your college email, open some emails, click on a few links, and you’re ready to shop. Did I mention registration is free? 

What do I get out of it?

A 10-20% discount on merchandise at participating stores.  Plus, you can earn up to $30 extra dollars a month by sharing UNiDAYS with friends.  Follow UNiDAYS on Facebook and Twitter for more deals, steals, and funny pics like this one. 

Who’s in on it?

3.1 million students.  And Missguided, Boohoo, Koshka, Warehouse, Motel, Oasis, Dockers, Karmaloop, Ann Taylor, Levi’s, Apple Store, Living Royal, and (my personal favorite) Asos.  BOLO for Jack Wills.

Block Brights at Boohoo

Warehouse’s Wares

Anything else?

UNiDAYS continues to add new brands to their list, but there are some stores that aren’t affiliated with UNiDAYS that also give student discounts.  A few include Banana Republic (in store), Charlotte Russe, J. Crew (in store), Club Monaco, Urban Outfitters (on select days), and PBteen.

It doesn’t matter if you have a sizable closet in Sentelle or a less-than-spacious wardrobe in Rich – a girl can always use a new outfit.  So take advantage of the perks of college life and use those student discounts. 

With my pale skin and curly hair, it might look like I spend all of my days in the library--which I totally could because I LOVE to read--but I promise I don't. I am an avid subscriber to Vogue, Lucky, and InStyle (you can infer my passion for shopping from that, right?). When I can't find what I want on the racks, I'll sew it myself. Elizabeth Taylor, Gregory Peck, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly are my style icons, not to mention stars in some of my favorite classic movies. Little Rock, AR native and Davidson, NC resident. Instagram - elaineruthb Twitter - @ElaineRuthBoe