Campus Profile: Rosie Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

So there was this awkward moment the other week at Her Campus where I had just met Rosie Major (nicknamed by family Roro) and I was super pumped becuase we were a little bit like lost soul-friends and I wanted to do a profile on her. 

You guys, she’s great.  We met at a Hillary Clinton rally and she was eager to get pumped and wasn’t afraid to show her excitment. The more we talked about how it’s sometimes hard to support Hillz, how Davidson can be dumb and weird, how cool New York is, and how much Chimananda Ngozi Adichie inspires us and a bunch of other things… the more I realized that she was just so cool. Cool with herself, cool with her ideas, cool with her excitment, and cool with people.  I started friend-crushing hard.

Fast-forward to my not-so-subtle interview date, which is kind of like a speed date tbh and I learned some more #funfacts.

Name: Rosalind Sarah Duval Major

Nicknames: Rosie (and Roro)

Year: 2018

Hometwom: Born in London (#posh) and grew up in Brooklyn.

Major (besides her last name): Biology (pre-med) and GSS minor

Dream Job: OBGYN (@abby peoples) who advocates for women’s repro rights and maybe Doctors Without Borders at some point.

Look, so studious with her tea

Campus Activities: Turner Social chair (“formal is this weekend and I’m really excited… but also really excited for it to be over”), Union Board, Review Board, Feminist Book Club (just starting hit her up @ romajor for more info).

Relationship Status: “I feel like it needs to be made clear that I’m not dating Alex Mull-Dreyer.”  She is single and ready to mingle but also enjoying just being.  “It’s like I’m single and very-confident-in-who-I-am-and-don’t-really-care-about-relationship-status.”  This interviewer felt properly chagrined for asking.

She is not dating him^

Celeb crush: “I’m like a Ben or a Jim kind of girl so John Krasinski or Adam Scott

She wants to date either of them^

TV Character that she is IRL: Leslie Knope

Favorite Movie: Anything Harry Potter (favorite book is #6 and favorite movie is #3)

Favorite Book: Men Explain Things to Me and for school, anything by Shakespeare (“Probably ‘As You Like It’ becuase that’s where my name comes from and also it has a feminist heroine.”)

Favorite TV show: Parks and Rec (duh)

Favorite Court Party Song: “>Juliet

Abroad plans: “Not really, I lived abroad for a long time so I want to enjoy my time here and at Davidson… maybe for summer plans though.”

Summer plans: “I’m trying to work at a women’s clinic or Planned Parenthood.”

Wierdest thing you’ve done at Davidson: Gotten into a *ahem* certain state and “taken selfies with the SAE lions… and like this has happened multiple times.”

Least favorite D’son memory: “Nothing specific comes to mind, just stress… maybe getting very stressed about Calc II last year.”

Most favorite D’son memory: Getting to hang out with her friends and just having a good time. “I also like Spring at Davidson way better, like you get to have fun more often.”

Advice to incoming ‘Cats: “don’t feel like you have to be perfect, because that’s impossible and everyone’s fighting for the same thing and also don’t be initimidated by the fact that you’re not the picture perfect student here and read any and all feminist books.” 

Disney Princes: “I AM Belle.”

CLEARLY a Princess

So if you going to Turner formal this weekend or see Rosie around campus go up and say “hi”- you won’t regret it. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

A little obsessive about food blogs, books, Netflix, running, and obviously sleeping. It's not what you do, I say, but how you do it.