Campus Profile: Jack Gibbs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Her Campus has partnered with Cats Stats once again to bring you the inside scoop on Davidson Basketball! For those of you who don’t know, Cats Stats is a student group focused on empowering Davidson students interested in sports analytics while helping Davidson athletic teams, like the men’s basketball team. We are beginning our Cats Stats X Her Campus player profile series with basketball star Jack Gibbs. Even if you’ve never attended any Davidson basketball games, we’re sure you’ve heard Jack’s name in passing. Gibbs is the six-foot senior guard from Columbus, Ohio who dominates in Belk Arena. His jersey number is 12, he’s a fan of Sara Bareilles’s 2007 pop hit “Love Song,” and, according to his Twitter (@JackGibbs_12), he is an avid Bachelor fan! Read on to find out more about the conference’s top scorer!

Year: Senior (Class of 2017)

Hometown: Columbus, Ohio

Campus involvement: Men’s basketball

Favorite food? Chipotle, “best paired with a smoothie”

Favorite Commons dish? Chicken parm or Commons-giving

Favorite place on campus? F!!!!!

What do you do to relax? “I like to take a lot of naps or play some board games with the team.”

Go-to pump up song? “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles

Celebrity crush? “Selena Gomez, ever since Wizards of Waverly Place, with Vanessa Hudgens a close second.”

Favorite thing about Davidson? Frolics!

If you were stranded on an island and could only have 3 things, what would they be? “A Fishing pole, a knife, that little peg game that they have at Cracker Barrel.”

Favorite animal? Dolphin

Any pets? “I have a Jack Russell Terrier named Buddy, and some fish that my mom rotates because they die like every month.”

Favorite movie? Guardians of the Galaxy

Favorite professional basketball player (besides Steph)? LeBron James

Most dramatic basketball moment?When we beat La Salle on a buzzer beater in the Conference Tournament my sophomore year! Shoutout Tkal!”

Now that you’re a little more familiar with the star player of Davidson men’s basketball, we encourage you to cheer them on at the next home game! (Or away game, if you’re really dedicated.) Their schedule can be found here.

Read about Cats Stats on NPR and the New York Times! If you’re interested in learning more about Cats Stats or how to get involved, email Dr. Chartier (tichartier@davidson.edu) or visit their website.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Morcott Room.