Campus Cuties: The New Nupes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is a 4 for 1 deal.  For those who don’t know the Kappas’ newest members crossed just a little while ago.  While they looked cute under the masks, we thought this would be a good chance for the campus to find out a little more about the newest Nupes.  

In order from left to right: Ryan Woods, Romare Marshall, Jonathan Shepard-Smith, and Rylan Leak. These are the four gentlemen who shimmied their way into cutie status.  Full disclosure– I couldn’t get the info on Romare (so Romare: feel free to hit us up and we’ll add in your info… unless y’all are continuing the “doing things in threes” tradition, in which case, nicely done).

Year:  Ryan Woods, Romare, and Jonathan are sophomores; Ryan Leak is a junior.

Age: 19-20

Major:

RL: Econ

JSS: Econ?/Anthro? (ahh the life of an undeclared sophomore)

RW: Political Science, Communications Minor

Zodiac Sign:

RL: Cancer

JSS: Taurus

RW: Scorpio

Hometown:

RL: Laurinburg, NC

JSS: Atlanta, GA

RW: Mebane, NC

Relationship Status:

RL: Single

JSS: It’s Complicated

RW: Taken

Campus Activities:

RL: Vice President of the Microfinance club, Volunteer for the Davidson Athletic Fund, Member of the Davidson Investment & Finance Association, Member of the football Team, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.

JSS: Bonner Scholar, Member of the football team, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.

RW: Kappa Alpha Psi Frat., Football

Most Embarrassing Moments at Davidson:

RL: There are lots of embarrassing moments, but for the sake of not saying too much, my most embarrassing moment has to be slipping and sliding on snow/ice freshman year in front of chambers.

JSS: I try not to take myself too seriously, but I would have to say it was my first football game at Davidson. I was so excited for my first football game that I forgot bricks and cleats don’t mix and I fell running out of the locker room.

RW: Hmm haven’t actually had one, probably have tripped in front of a lot of people

Apparently the smooth moves from the probate and the fancy footwork on the football field (#alliteration) are not fully indicative of these men’s grace.  

Favorite Davidson Experience so far:

RL:  Favorite Davidson Experience so far: Aside from the probate… My favorite Davidson experience has to be winning our last game of the season simply because of this year’s senior class and how deserving they were.

JSS: Getting a chance to be an Education Scholar this past summer is probably my favorite experience so far. Getting a chance to work with an educational equity initiatives for minorities, combined with getting to experience everything Downtown Charlotte has to offer was great.  (As a fellow EdScho alum my response to this was YAAAAAS).

RW: My Probate/ Winning our Last football game

What are you most excited for about being a Kappa?  

RL: This may sound a little cliché, but honestly just being able to be part of something that is so much bigger than me, and hang out with a great group of guys. Having the opportunity to be part of more community service projects in Davidson and Charlotte is also exciting.

JSS: Don’t know if I’ll ever be able to top ripping my pants during my probate, but really just getting to hang with everybody on campus and showing what a good group of guys we are. The community service we do in the Davidson community also excites me.

RW: Having an excuse to always to look nice. Lol. But seriously, making an impact on my community with my brothers.

le swoon

Dream job:  

RL: Most of my friends would say my dream job would be “investment banking,” because I interned at an Investment Bank this past summer and really enjoyed it. This would only be partly true though. I would love to do banking early in my career, but eventually I would want to move into a field where I can have more of an impact on kid’s lives like teaching and coaching.

JSS: Anything where I can serve people and am challenged intellectually.

RW: Being the PR agent of a huge company or someone famous

Ideal date:

RL: There is no ideal date for me. As long as the person I am on the date with is genuinely a good person and open to new things, we can go anywhere and do anything.

JSS: I don’t like the traditional dinner-and-a-movie date. I prefer dates where we are either experiencing new things together, or an intimate setting where we can really get to know each other better. I’m also pretty spontaneous, so I don’t like to have plans too far in advance.

RW: Going to a nice movie and out to dinner where I can sit and get a feel for the person I’m with. And then just head back to the dorm or house to just get into something comfortable and then spend the rest of the night of the couch.

What do you love most about your LBs?

RL: We are not afraid to call each other out and let one another know when we are slacking. We argue and joke around a lot, but at the end of the day I know that those are my brothers and that we have each other’s back.

JSS: We argue and get on each other all the time, but at the end of the day I know that those are my brothers and that we have each other’s back.

RW: My Lbs are pretty funny everyone brings something different to the Line . They are truly like my brothers, we bicker and fight but when its time to get stuff done , we work together.

How did you feel during the probate?

RL: I think the best word to describe the probate is Lit.

JSS: READY

RW: Being the Ace of course I set the pace and bring the swag but, during the probate I truly felt like the Ringleader of the Greatest show on Earth! It was finally my time!

I certainly look forward to seeing what these men contribute to their fraternity, our campus, and the community at large… and we all know they’ll look good doing it.  Shimmy on boys.  

A little obsessive about food blogs, books, Netflix, running, and obviously sleeping. It's not what you do, I say, but how you do it.