Campus Cutie: Spencer Ballantyne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

He spent his summer being seranaded, chased by bulls, participating in Scotland’s own Highland Games, and flaneuring (that is, wandering aimlessly for a sense of spiritual purpose.) As if his summer wasn’t exciting enough, he recently starred in Davidson’s own She Stoops To Conquer. And now he’s walking around our very own campus, live in 3-D action. Despite his tremendous talents, he’s delightfully humble. Not so humble, of course, that he would protest to sharing a bit of his humor with us as HerCampus’s latest Campus Cutie. Without furthur ado, we present to you: Spencer Ballantyne!

Name: Spencer Ballantyne

Year: Freshman

Age: 18 years young

Major: “Still on the quest for the perfect major”

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Hometown: Stuart, Florida

Relationship Status: Single

Activities Theatre department, intramural basketball, The Davidsonian (writer), and Divest Davidson. I want to get involved in more community service now that I have more time!

Favorite superpower: Mind reading

Favorite musical: Les Miserables. (as it should be– he starred in it twice!)

Favorite songs: I rock out to “Old Time Rock and Roll quite a bit, and I also like some B.o.B. And Queen too! And I like Tupac, when I’m feeling reflective.

Favorite Disney movie: It’s a toss up between Hercules and Mulan. That’s the unending question.

Favorite T.V. show: Game of Thrones. I can argue anyone on how it’s the best show on television. And I will win.

Nicknames: My street name is S.P. ¢

Life motto: “Choose love.” 

Allergies: Dust and hate

Dream job: Superhero

Spirit animal: Griffin

Spirit person: The Dalai Lama

Spirit food: My family’s secret pasta sauce recipe. Just the sauce.

What do you look for in a woman? I look for somebody who has palpable compassion and is smart. Someone whose eyes I can get lost in!

Some big shot Broadway musical directors were going to fly Spencer up to New York to audition for a musical earlier this year, but our man opted out. Why? He would have had to miss his first semester at Davidson! On whether or not he thought he made the right decision, Spencer assured us, “Of course! How else would I have been able to meet such awesome people?” We think you made the right decision too, S.P.¢

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.