Campus Cutie: Joe Jamison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Name: Joe Jamison

Class: 2018

Hometown: Roanoke, Virginia

Relationship Status: Taken

PCC Affiliation: Pledge for Sigma Phi Epsilon

Maybe you’ve seen him juggling a soccer ball for hours on end in front of Belk. Perhaps you’ve overheard him exercising his smooth Spanish skills. Or it could be that you’ve just been wondering about the freshman with the handsome smile and charming sense of humor. Well, for whatever reason that brings you here, I’m sure Joe would appreciate your interest with humble gratitude and a heartwarming smile.

On the great outdoors: I’m from Roanoke, Virginia. It’s in the Blue Ridge Mountains, along the Appalachian Trail. I was involved in scouting all through high school. … In Roanoke in the fall the mountains are just gorgeous. Mountains are definitely a familiar site for me, and I feel kind of out of place when I can’t see any mountains.

How are you like your zodiac sign? I am a Pisces. I guess I’m sort of a go-with-the-flow kind of guy, I take what the ocean gives me and see what I can do with it.

Favorite Commons meal: Mongolian Beef comes to mind.

On his spirit animal: I’ve been saying Bonobo. They are genetically almost identical to chimpanzees, but are behaviorally different [than the more aggressive chimpanzees]. … [Bonobos] are much more social, friendly, communal beings. They are not aggressive, they’re much more amorous.

Favorite study spot on campus: Base Belk lab. I claim the back room.

On his juggling competition with fellow freshman Scotty Poston: [Scotty and I] play club soccer together. We’re both pretty competitive people, so it’s just another way to compete against each other. Whenever I have some free time I head outside and start juggling a soccer ball. Between the two of us, I currently have the record of 1600 juggles. … It takes about 30 minutes.

Favorite type of cereal: Cinnamon Life.

Ideal date: Well for starters, it’s gonna be nice outside, because at least part of it will involve just being outside, preferably eating outside, so some kind of picnic or porch. … I’m a fan of the movies. [They’re] a good way to take the pressure off conversation and just kind of enjoy time with the date.

On his passion for Español: [In high school] I participated in a foreign exchange program in Chinchiná, Colombia. … I’m a potential Spanish minor, maybe a Spanish major, so Spanish has always been important to me. I started taking it in middle school and I’ve loved it ever since.

Celebrity crush: It’s not fair to say Jennifer Lawrence, is it?

Would you rather be able to talk to animals or speak every language? Talk with animals. … I can teach myself to talk with humans, but I can’t teach myself to talk with animals – that’s unobtainable territory. In my experience, I don’t have too much contact with non-English or non-Spanish speakers.

Song he’s listening to right now: Fortunate Son, by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Dream job for a day: I think it’d be cool to be a Supreme Court Justice, just for a day. I definitely would not want to continue to do that because that’s way too much stress, but for one instance it would be cool to have supreme authoritative power.