Campus Cutie: Davidson Squirrels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

You see them around all the time, but have you ever taken the time to, say, ask them about their hopes and dreams? Before the winter’s hibernation season kicked in, I decided to get to know campus’s furriest (and cutest!) creatures. Without further ado, I present Tony, the official representative of Davidson’s squirrel population!

Name: Tony the Squirrel

Class: Freshman

Major: Environmental Studies

Zodiac Sign: Aries

Hometown: Davidson, North Carolina

Relationship Status: Single

Activities: Davidson Outdoors, Pre-Vet society, Environmental Action Club, The Knitting Society

PCC Affiliation: Nu Upsilon Tau

What do you look for in a woman?  I like a girl I can have a little fun with! Someone who’s not embarassed to play tag or climb a tree with me. That’s all it takes for me to go nuts about a lady!

Favorite Band: Believe it or not, I’m pretty into Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Favorite Movie: Over the Hedge is a solid flick. But I’m also a big fan of The Emporer’s New Groove, mostly because my cousin Fredrick had a big role in it as that squirrel who pops the ballon. Now it’s kind of a family classic!

Favorite TV show: Kim Possible. Rufus just kills it on that show.

Spirit animal: Human.

Favorite food: Freshly dropped acorn.

Favorite holiday: Groundhog day.

Least favorite food: Once I took a nibble out of one of those weird giant mushrooms on campus. It had some interesting effects that I’d prefer not to go into while I’m on record.

Any nicknames? My pals call me Tarzan because of my excellent limb-to-limb jumping coordination.

Favorite place on campus: Anywhere where there’s shade and the acorn harvest is plentiful. 

Next time you pass by the old Oak Tree, take a moment to stop and say hello to one of our furry friends!

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.