17 Types of Student/Prospie Interactions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

It’s that time of year again.  Prospie season. A season filled with terrified high school seniors scurrying around campus while clutching red or black folders. A season in which that cute guy at the court party who you don’t recognize is actually 17.  A season when you’re reminded of how, not too long ago, you were the one toting a suitcase around campus and sleeping on an air mattress. 

We’ve all been there, but everyone deals with prospies – the reminder of our high school glory days – in different ways.  For example:

1.  The guy who’s so excited to meet a prospie that he ends up scaring the poor kid.

2.  The girl who’s too cool to talk to the prospies, because high school was just soooo long ago.

3.  The girl who isn’t going to sugarcoat the problems at Davidson.

4.  The guy who tries to impress the prospies from his old high school with his newfound college swag.

5.  The guy who wants to show his prospies a good time, so he takes them down the hill (often in an effort to achieve #4).

6. The guy who’s not going to take a know-it-all prospie telling him about Davidson’s basketball team.

7.  The girl who tries to hook up with a prospie (or all of the prospies).

8.  The guy who signs up to host a prospie only to dump the kid on his roommate.

9.  The girl who hosts prospies just so she can make her roommate clean the room (often combined with #8). 

10.  The girl who knows that her prospie has decided on another school, so really, what’s the point?

11.  The guy who undercuts everything nice you’re trying to say about Davidson.

12.  The guy who isn’t going to listen to your prospie talk about herself all night.

13.  The girl who really shouldn’t host a prospie, because, well, she’s not very friendly. 

14.  The guy who hosts prospies just to get their extra dining dollars.

15.  The roommate who won’t let you host a prospie even when you offer him the prospie’s extra dining dollars.

16.  The guy who just can’t bear to part with his prospie when Decision Davidson is over.

17.  The guy whose enthusiasm for Davidson reminds you of why you came here in the first place.  After all, every day’s a great day to be a wildcat.

So, it’s prospie season again… Which student are you? 

With my pale skin and curly hair, it might look like I spend all of my days in the library--which I totally could because I LOVE to read--but I promise I don't. I am an avid subscriber to Vogue, Lucky, and InStyle (you can infer my passion for shopping from that, right?). When I can't find what I want on the racks, I'll sew it myself. Elizabeth Taylor, Gregory Peck, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly are my style icons, not to mention stars in some of my favorite classic movies. Little Rock, AR native and Davidson, NC resident. Instagram - elaineruthb Twitter - @ElaineRuthBoe