This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

HGTV has to be the most underrated network on television. We are all so wrapped up in these dramatic shows that making our heart rate skyrocket every Tuesday night and nothing enriching our design potential. Here are just a few reasons why you should switch from ABC to HGTV.

It’s so relaxing

Renovation is only stressful for the person paying for it which in this case, is not you.

It sparks inspiration and creativity

Who knew that you can give a colonial style home open concept?

All of the hosts are #RelationshipGoals

Chip and Joanna Gaines next TV venture should be marriage counseling on demolition day.

You learn something new in every episode in every show! 

Which could come in handy someday. 

Cures Your Travel itch

House Hunters International is like traveling to Rome without the 13 hour flight.

You don’t have to know what happen in a previous episode to know what’s happening in another one.

Every episode hits the refresh button and basically the same story line. Pick a house, make it cute, live happily ever after, what more could you want?

If college doesn’t work out, you can always go into freelance contracting or interior design with your significant other.

Maybe you’ll get a show on HGTV!

Between life drama and tv drama it’s nice to have a hub where you can poor a glass of wine, relax and judge someone’s common sense entirely when they go with house number 3 when they so obviously chosen house number 2.  So the next time you’re surfing channels, trying to find something to spark creativity but isn’t over stimulating. HGTV is never a bad choice!

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!