This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The first month of 2018 is now gone and you might be finding yourself falling into a rut. Now that the hype of the new year is dying down it is easy to fall back into old habits and find yourself to be uninspired. If this is the case for you, here are a few ways to pick yourself back up and continue to crush the new year!

Pinterest will always be your BFF

When in doubt, Pinterest has all or most of the answers. Need some new food to try? What to spice up your look? Want change up your makeup? Or just need some quotes to boost your mood? Pinterest is a never-ending source of inspiration, so go get lost for a few hours and I promise you will come out with your creative juices flowing!

Call your momma

Moms always have all the answers. Whenever I’m feeling down or need a pick me up, my mom is always my go to.  You would be surprised how a quick 10 minute chat with your mom can turn your mood around and get you feeling energized again.

Watch TED Talks

There are countless numbers of TED talks online so you are bound to find one that peaks your interest.  I personally love watching these for a quick pick me up.  The speakers are so inspirational, once you get don’t watching you will want to go out and conquer the world!

Disconnect

The best way to get inspired is to block out all of the negative getting in the way.  Getting off of social media for a bit can help clear your head and make room for new ideas.  It will help you take a minute to look around you and spark some new interests.  Even going and grabbing a cup of coffee with a friend can lead to so many new thoughts!

Did we miss anything that helps you get inspired? Let us know in the comments below!

HCXO

Her Campus CWU President, Editor-in-chief, and Writer Senior at Central Washington University Major: Social Services Minor: Communications