This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Mornings can be rough, especially when you have a very busy day ahead of you. So why not try and make your mornings a little easier. I know I struggle getting out the door for both work and school, I am constantly miss placing my keys or backpack. Three minutes can set you back quite a bit when you are in a time crunch, so here are a few things that I have gotten in the habit of doing on a regular basis, hopefully they help!

Prepare Your Meals The Night Before

Prepare your coffee, snacks, and breakfast the night before! I always put the water and coffee grounds in the night before so all I have to do in the morning is press brew. For snacks, make sure you have a water bottle filled, granola bar, nuts, whatever makes you happy and have that all in your bag the night before. Now for breakfast, I am not a breakfast person at all, and I came to conclusion that it was because I was too lazy to actually make myself breakfast. Make a breakfast casserole or banana muffins, this makes it so easy, just heat it up and your good to go. Therefore, prepare your breakfast and snacks for the day at dinner every night and you will be able to always have a packed lunch, and breakfast ready to go.

Here is my favorite breakfast casserole recipe https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-breakfast-bake-crowd-size/b9412093-eaf2-46fd-bc9e-967ae7af7b6c

Also these banana muffins are to die for and a great way to put your nasty bananas to use http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-banana-muffins-8603.

Don’t Snooze

First of all, we need to get out of the habit of hitting the snooze button 6 times before actually getting out of bed. This just makes you more groggy and tired, so try putting your alarm or cell phone across the room, so in order to turn your alarm off you have to get up.

Have All of Your Things Ready To Go!

Another thing to help make your mornings easier is to make sure your backpack and/or purse are ready to go in the morning. All books and supplies, whatever it is you need make sure they are in your bags the night before. Also, something that I found to help me get out the door faster is if I leave my backpack in the same place, so that I’m not having to take the extra 3 minutes to find where I last had it.

Pick Out yYour Outfit The Night Before

One last thing that will make your mornings way less of a hassle is to pick your outfit out the night before. Now I know this can be hard to do since we like to change our minds a lot, trust me I know. However, this saves you so much time! So, get on Pinterest and start brainstorming ideas. Once you find your outfit lay it out and have it ready for the morning.

Have The Best Morning Ever

All these techniques are sure to help your mornings be more enjoyable and less of a rush. By using these methods, you will have more time to get dolled up, actually eat breakfast, most important meal of the day, and still be on time! Perfect way to start your day.

Hey Her Campus girls, do you have any tips to make your mornings smoother? Let us know in the comments below!